Tuesday, September 06, 2005

JUSTIN LEFT AND I'M STUPID!

No no no...he didn't "leave me"...he left for his 2 + week long mission trip to Ukraine. He left yesterday and should be arriving in Kiev any minute now. He called me early early this morning from Munich Germany. He said the flight went well, but he felt "weird and needed to take a poop". Yep...he's fine.

I'm stupid because I always stick my foot in my mouth. This time...it was in the form of my blog. I should have just stuck to my gut! "W" DOES know what he's doing.

You see...this weekend, I was surrounded by history/political "brainiacs" at my brother and his fiance's wedding shower. So...BEING RETARDED...I brought up the whole "Why hasn't the government moved faster on this hurrican thing" topic. And BOY was I answered very quickly....

I learned that in order for the Government to send in help (National Guardsman and Military Police), they must be first asked by the local and state level officials. The mayor has to ask the governer, and the governer has to ask up his chain of command to the President. From what I got out of this "chain of command" lesson, I found out that the Mayor and Governer of Louisianna only asked for enough help to start working on the flooding problem...not the hunger, devistation, and looting problem until Day 4. And did you know that the very first building evacuated was a hotel filled with foreigners and tourists across the street from the Mayors office?...oh, and this hotel had a very nice supply of food and bottled water...hmmm.

So...where the finger should be pointed?...I'm not sure. But as for me...I'm keeping my under-politically-educated mouth SHUT! I know I know...you're all very happy.

And Aarron B...very good sermon at church last night...and I'll try to stay away from cussing on the blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

you cuss??

i hadn't noticed . . oops.

that's probably because i received a comment about my "cussing" too.

no comment at this point on that matter.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Chris and Carrie said...

So, tell me. Not that I am a fan of cursing, but what is wrong with a word or two on your blog? We all, let me say many of us, do it every once in a while. Lets be real. If you feel like singing, sing. If you feel like cursing. curse. Sometimes it is tacky, but sometimes it just feels good.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home