Thursday, August 25, 2005

TAKE A CHILL PILL!

Tomorrow (oh what a glorious word) I am taking THE DAY OFF FROM WORK!!!!!!!!!! I'm using a personal day...and you know what I'm going to do???? ...wait for it..nothing. I want absolute silence and calm. I want to listen to birds singing, not the phone RINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, you heard me. Do I have a house that needs cleaning?...yep. Do I have a refrigerator empty?...sure do. Do I have a bed that needs making?...NOT TOMORROW! I am sleeping in, watching my soaps, and maybe...MAYBE...brush my hair, but I'll probably just wear a hat. Thats IF I go out of course.

Why this day of sloth?

Well you see...I'm tired. I'm just so dang tired. And when I'm tired... I AM DANG GRUMPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I know that there are some new mommies that read my blog...and all I'm asking for is sympathy from "non-new mommies"...you girls are in a totally different "sleep bracket" then the rest of us.

You may be saying "but, Shelli...didn't you just go to DC on a trip?". Yes...I did. And I got up at around 7:00am...went to bed around 1:30am everyday and rushed Rushed RUSHED. There was ABSOLUTELY no time to just relax. (Actually, it was quite the opposite of relaxed). I came home literally exhausted. And since then, I've done nothing but GO GO GO! I haven't had a day to just sit back and relax. My Saturdays have been full...My Sundays have been swamped...and I'm about to PULL MY FREAKIN' HAIR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So please...do not call me...do not attempt to knock on my door. Because you know what???...I ain't answerin'!!!

Ps...for the girls that "read into things" like me. Don't worry, Its not about you...I still totally love ya and will gladly talk to you on Saturday. And for the other guys and gals that are saying "whats the big deal?". ITS A HUGE DEAL...GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for my wonderful Husband that may want to use this oppurtunity to do something fun and wonderful tomorrow with me...sorry babe...I love you so much...but don't count on it. Just let me be.

3 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! Trinidad & Tobago was AWESOME for us but exhausting. little sleep or rest. what vacations are about rest anyways?! go figure! when we got home from the trip, we got super busy too, and all i've wanted to do since then is just chill and hide away.
ENJOY YOUR DAY OF SLOTHING!!!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

WAY TO GO SHELLI!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. I have been exhausted, running on fumes, for a while now.

Take your Shelli Day and ENJOY!!! :)

the password is...shvoy....haha

8:05 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, I feel you. Bill and I were going to go on a "date night" on Tuesday and re-vamped it to be "pajama night" where we laid in bed not touching watching Tommy Lee Goes to College.

Fun? Ehh. Relaxing. Heck yeah!!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home