Monday, August 29, 2005

"Calgon...take me away!!!!!!"

Does anyone else remember that commercial? The girly bubble bath stuff??? Remember that the only thing it was good for was causing yeast infections and a very slippery bath tub that caused you to fall the next morning when you got in for your shower?

Anyhoo....

My day of rest (thankfully not consisting of a "Calgon" bath) was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord!

I slept in until 10:45, went to lunch with my hubby, checked my email, went back home, did some laundry, took a shower, and vegged by the TV until dinner time. IT WAS AWESOME! I felt so refreshed and "chilled"...it was great.

Saturday I was productive however. I started the day off with the annual "Mug and Muffin" hosted by our womens ministry at my church. It was nice to get together with other ladies...but a bit too early for me on a Saturday. 9:30 to be exact! I'm more of a"Dr.Pepper and Hamburger around noon-ish" type of person rather than "Mug and Muffin"...

...after that, my hubby and I worked on our house. I unpacked boxes for the Kitchen and he worked on the Living room. We REALLY need to get rid of a lot of stuff. We've got WAY too much crap.

Sunday was the usual...; sleep in until 10:00 or so, go to breakfast and then off to our respective church responsibilities until 9:30 or so at night. Sometimes we just want to scream "Why did we choose such a time consuming religion???"...but then we stop and remind ourselves of Gods sacrifice on the cross, his grace, mercy and the fact that he chose us. So...we suck it up and keep on goin'.

Ok...and now its that point in the story when I must say "ado" and go back to "the job". Yep...you know the one I'm talkin' about.

2 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

i was thinking about it last night and i wanted to tell you that you do a fantastic job at church as well as your hubby and everyone else involved.
it is a lot of effort and so many precious souls put their hard work into church every sunday. AMAZING.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Thanks...I appreciate that.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home