Friday, September 02, 2005

Does the "W" stand for "Whatever"? Time to do something drastic Mr. Bush!

If I was a "bumper sticker" type of person, I would have "W '04" stickers ALL over it. I was the cheerleader for George W. Bush when he was running this last time. GO BUSH GO!...

BUT...

Is it just me, or is our government sitting on its (excuse me mom) ASS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS HURRICANE????????????????????? I am so sick and tired of seeing people hungry, babies crying, and old people stuffed in a make-shift emergency unit in an airport. And if I hear ONE more thing about people getting so out of control that they have to shoot someone for food...I'm going to scream!!!!

I mean COME ON...when the Tsunami hit...we became "Instant miracle workers" and in a zombie like state, went over there immediately...smiling...with food in hand...saying "America Cares...here's a Little Debbie and a Band Aid".

...but here we are...our own people are suffering, and we are on to day 4!?!? WHY? Why are people crammed in the convention center down town New Orleans and are considered "too dangerous" to send in food and support to, but freakin' Harry Connick Jr can go to them this morning in a little rental car and a camera on the Today show?

I'm sorry...but aren't our soldiers over in Iraq getting killed every single day by crazy people? THESE ARE OUR OWN PEOPLE IN NEED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Send our guys into THIS battle zone!

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

7000 national guardsmen arrived in New Orleans today, half of whom just returned from fighting in Iraq. They are there to restore order. Quote from LA Gov. Blanco, "They have M-16s and they're locked and loaded," she said. "These troops know how to shoot and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they will."

wow....I may just be completely naive and dull, but I am just....shocked....
I know something has to be done b/c the thugs and looters can't be allowed to keep shooting people, but it....breaks my heart. Americans "at war" [in a way] against fellow Americans.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lafe said...

The polish has worn of this land we call America.

And it saddens me.

It is a shame the way we treat our poor and minorities.

1:26 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

i keep thinking "what can i do?? what can i do??!! why haven't these people been rescued?!?!"

heart-breaking.

3:36 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

well, there are a lot of people here that can be helped....we will have 900 people in NWA [Siloam Springs to be exact] by Tuesday....

4:40 PM  
Blogger *g* said...

smackadoodle! how'd you know i liked spam sandwiches?!?

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home