Friday, September 16, 2005

Debbie Downer!

Not to be "Debbie Downer" (wra...Wra...WRAH!)...but I'm frustrated.

I have an associate that I work with that just keeps on getting in trouble. So much so, that yesterday, I had to write her up AGAIN and give her the "final warning" speach. And...from the first day I got here, she's disrespected me as her boss and has given me nothing but "lip" on every thing. But, to everyone else...she's super duper cheerful and happy. But...the thing is...SHE'S THE HARDEST AND MOST VOLUME PRODUCING ASSOCIATE I'VE GOT!!!

Last night, we had an office meeting that I tried to make up-beat and cheerful. We did generic versions of the DISC profile, took staff "get to know you" quizzes, took time to write everyone an "atta girl"...or "atta boy" notes, and at the end we all decorated our own little flower pots with our names on them. (These were for people to continuously drop little encouraging notes in). I called it the "Growing as a Happy and productive associate" plan. I also gave each of them a little basket filled with candy and a personalized note from me that told them how much I appreciated them.

...but, I felt that everything I was doing (in her eye's) was stupid and just a ploy to get people to like me.

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU COACH SOMEONE LIKE THAT??????????????? Grrrr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

it is my experience that there are just some mean people in the world. nothing to do about it.

p.s. i totally miss you, girl! we need to get together and soon now that my in-laws are out of town and packing i'm riding the back of the packing wave.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home