There is ONE thing in this world that motivates me to clean my house...COMPANY! According to www.flylady.net , we have a bad case of living in C.H.A.O.S. ...or, "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome". Boy is THAT the truth!
Next weekend, we have some friends coming in from Mississippi. They'll be staying in our spare bedroom. The spare bedroom that is our "storage closet". And OH MY...it is a wreck. Not to mention that my house right now is a disaster zone. And, I don't mean to make excuses...but, Justin and I both have been really busy...and OBVIOUSLY a 5.0 Tornado ripped through here....obviously.
LIE!...WE'RE JUST SLOPPY. Dang Dang Dang!
What I'm looking at right now in my living room:
1. an un-rolled sleeping bag
2. a pile of laundry
3. opened mail that is scattered throughout the living room.
4. a coffee mug with a stain from the coffee in the bottom.
5. a random pile of stuff that was in the back seat of my car (2 serving platters, a beach towl, a skirt, a pair of shoes, a folder full of praise and worship music, and a nalgene bottle)
6. My husbands djimbe that is being used as a shelf for my bible and a red baseball cap.
7. a stock pot.
8. All of Justins school books and photography stuff.
9. My make up bag.
10. And the obvious stuff: dust, furniture, decor...
Needless to say...you "get the idea"...and that is JUST the living room. I don't even want to start on the kitchen and my bedroom (which by the way has NEVER been organized since we moved in here over 2 years ago).
So...my Saturday (today) and Sunday (tomorrow) is going to be spent cleaning. YIPPEE!...not.
And if you get a chance, go check out my friend Merediths blog...we had a pretty fun night last night, and she posted our pictures...HA HA: http://sillysongsbytheseashore.blogspot.com/ And, why is it that on my husbands apple lap top I have the hardest time making a hyperlink?...Huh? MAC snobs...huh?