Sunday, October 21, 2007

To "Mac" or not to "Mac"...that is the question.

So, my husband is a self proclaimed "Mac snob". I'm a PC girl...I've worked on a PC my whole "computer life". I realize that PC's are FAR inferior to Macs on many many many levels.

...but seriously...how come I can't do simple things like:

Where is the freakin' RIGHT CLICK?

If I want to edit a hyper link...or create a hyper link... how the H.E.DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS do I do that on a Mac? On a PC, I simply "right click" and VOILA...it's right there.

Plus...when I blog from my PC at work, my "post toolbar" has an icon for line spacing, hyper links, font styles, font size...and more. But, when I blog from home on our "SUPER FANTASTIC MAC" that tool bar is limited to spell check and the link to add a picture. WHERE ARE THEY? If I'm posting about my friend Sarah, I want to be able to make her name a hyper link to her blog...BUT...I...CAN'T...ON THIS STUPID MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't even ventured into the world of using Word or Excel on this thing yet. Good grief...what is THAT going to be like.

Grrrrrrrrrr........

7 Comments:

Blogger James Miller said...

Well, if you have the Mighty Mouse...then you just right click. If you're using the built in touchpad, you would press CONTROL + Click, which is technically your Secondary Click because the term "Right Click" is already copyrighted.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

1. Any external mouse with a right click button works. Since you're on a laptop, just hold down CONTROL and CLICK and it will be just the same as a right click.

2. I'm assuming that when you refer to hyperlinks, you're talking about when you're trying to post on blogger... that's not a Mac issue, all of those things should work EXACTLY the same as when you're editing a post on a PC. If you're referring to Word, then the right click works just fine on a Mac to edit/make a hyperlink (or CONTROL + CLICK if you're on a laptop.)

3. Same thing on the style toolbar in Blogger. That should look exactly the same on a Mac or a PC. I have no idea why those don't work the same for you. BUT IT ISN'T A MAC ISSUE. I just made a fake post on my Mac on Blogger and all of the style toolbar was there just fine.

4. Word and Excel work exactly the same on a Mac and a PC. Because it's a Microsoft product.

So, basically, I don't really know what your problem is...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

What's really funny about this post and comments is that I knew exactly who left the comments before I left-clicked on the comments link. hahaha Seriously though, I can't help you with your problem Shelli. It sounds like to me you've somehow created a rip in the space/time continuum....on the interweb no less! Amazing.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mere O. said...

You know, my sister is in loooove with her new mac, but I'm like you Shelli, I like the comforts of my PC. I would think it's like being married to someone after a few years; you instinctively know when they're not "running up to speed", and which "buttons" to push.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Meredith - the only problem with your analogy is that your computer smells really bad, gets sick all the time and occasionally freezes up for no reason.

The devil resides in the source code for Windows.

3:25 PM  
Blogger RockStar Jones said...

my wife-bless her heart still doesnt understand that when something isnt working right it is never the Mac because Macs are beautiful and perfect.

10:43 PM  
Blogger RockStar Jones said...

kinda like you matter of fact!!! beautiful AND perfect.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home