Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"FOUR EYES"...

Yep…I now own a pair of glasses. They are for reading purposes only, so more than likely, I’ll just leave them at work.

I had glasses when I was a kid, but as I got older, my eye doctor told me that I no longer needed them. Well…here we are, about 15 years later, and I’m BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN.

I must say…they’re quite cute. They’re brown tortoise shell and kind of “nerdy” looking. They make me want to go out and get a funky hair cut and put red streaks through my hair. Hmmmm…maybe I will.

I’ve said this before, but I’ve always secretly wanted to “change my style”…

On the outside, I am a girl that has medium length mouse brown hair (with LOTS of gray I might add) who dresses normal, hates to read books, wears boring sunglasses and has a “far less than superb” shoe collection.

On the inside, I am a girl that wears funky shoes everyday of the week, has a cool hairstyle with fire engine red chunks, feels comfortable wearing a vintage dress over blue jeans w/ all-star tennis shoes, and is carrying an intellectually stimulating book.

Oh…someday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

you go with your bad self...be cool ma-jewel but don't gag us with a spoon.

I'll even let you borrow some of Jacob's red hair gel.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

You and me both, sistah!

But ya know what? Since I've decided to make photography my career...I've started to "funk it up" a little.

I got a fun haircut (more southern belle than funk-a-tated - but I LOVE IT!), I got myself some cooler glasses (and wear them more often), and am in the process of trying to decide which "red" I want my hair to be. (I once did a red that looked like Mary Jane from the Spiderman movies...now, that was a little too much!)

You just gotta jump in with both feet. I say you can keep it classic and still funk it up tastefully!

Come on! Let's do it!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

Ooh..me too! I feel the same way. And my shoe collection is also far less than superb. Why can't I bring myself to purchase cutsey/funky shoes like I see other people wearing? I want them and go to the store with every intention to purchase, but when I get there I think "I really just need a good pair of brown shoes."

Gag.

7:45 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

GO FOR IT SHELLI BEAN!!! You've been talking about it for so long, and it is SO you on the inside. Let that funky girl OUT!! I mean, come on! You are the Rockstar's wife...

-your non-funky BFF ;)

7:47 AM  
Blogger shauna said...

yeah, i'm with sarah j. on this one. LET IT OUT!!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home