Tuesday, May 02, 2006

CRISP AND REFRESHING...like a 7-up.

That is how I would describe THE GROVE CHURCH womens retreat this weekend. It was crisp (weather) and refreshing (sinking in the word and feeling rejuvinated).

Last years womens retreat was over the subject of being content with yourself and where God "has you" in life...and it ended up being a "ball my eyes out" fest! I ended up being the "token cryer". YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

Every time there is a gathering of women...especially in a spiritual setting...the tears are bound to fall. Well, last year, I was that lady. I really felt, and still feel, that God finally broke me. I was like an un-bridled beast that needed to be fit to the mouth bit and lead completely by God, not by my own accord. (or CRV in my case. Get it?...Honda accord??? Budump bump!)

Anyway, THIS year God spoke to me about finding your niche (or flavor in life) and giving in to complete brokeness. The speaker referred to the Mary in the bible that broke a jar of perfume in her hand over Christs head to annoint him with perfumed oil. It was all she had to give, so she gave it. But WHY DID SHE BREAK THE JAR when she could have saved it for more perfume? I think it was because that the jar itself was worth alot of money aswell (it was made from alabaster) and she wanted to give HER ALL!!!!!!!!! (The perfume was extremely expensive "spikenard" scent, and worth a months wages.) It was also TOTALLY symbolic of Christs body being broken on the cross and his blood flowing to annoint us. WOW!

Anyway...back to the jar. I feel as if last year, God broke me like the lady broke the jar. It was all I had to give...which is nothing but myself. And from this...he is slowly...VERY SLOWLY...putting me back together in the manner HE wants. A way that is more glorifying to him.

As many of you know, in January, I started the year of the complete "Life change". I am still claiming that over me! I know that God is stirring up something great for me, and that THIS is not all there is to ME! PRAISE GOD. ...and Lord, please make the "chubby phase" end soon as well.

Yah...so, maybe I'm just on a spiritual high...or maybe JUST MAYBE...God really IS doing something miraculous in me! I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THE LATTER! WHO'S WITH ME?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

yeah to my friend, shelli! i loved hanging out with you. God is working. the weekend was a time for us to "remember Jesus Christ."

10:48 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

i'm with you!!

when are we gonna go to acropolis again? i loved that place!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Me likey 'da greek food!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess my last comment did not publish. i just figured out the way to publish my comments. so random that i know your sight-long story. but glad to see your take away. Kim Marquette

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home