Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"FIRE IN THE HOLE"...and field.

"Fire in the Hole" is a ride...a very very very cheezy ride...THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE! Its at "Silver Dollar City" which, if you didn't know, is the happiest place on earth for hillbillies.

SDC (as we locals call it) is an amuzement park that is set back around the turn of the century...19th to 20th, not 20th to 21st. It has amuzement rides, woodcraftsman, basket weavers, candy makers, square dancers, old time photo's, glass blowers, and ALL kinds of cool stuff. I've been going there since I was a kid, and I'm still totally addicted.

I'm "extra excited" these days, because I'll soon be going with a close group of friends. Karen and Bill, Me and Justin, Sarah and Dave. This should be ALL kinds of fun. I'm so excited!

"Fire in the field" is what the bank, in which I am employed, just experienced. See...we have these large teal grills that we loan out to customers for their special events. Well...they are "parked" next to a GIGANTIC field that is rather dry. If you dump hot coles onto a dry field...what happens?...THATS RIGHT...A FIRE! So, we had men in nice suits and ties out there with trashcans full of water putting the fire out. OH THE JOYS OF BANKING!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll love the new section! It is way fun!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I LOVE those types of places!! It's something I miss about the south...I just don't get those out here. : (

Hope no one was hurt in the fire-putting-outing...those are some brave bankers.

One last thing...Lafe and I emailed for a little while. We actually know someone in common. So Funny. He's very nice. : ) Sadly, the person we have in common is someone I dated in college...not my favortie ex...in fact, my LEAST favorite. But from the look of his response I'm gonna guess he's not that fond of the guy either. hee hee hee

Oh wait...last thing, I swear! Thanks for the spam advice...took care of it asap. THANKS!

2:37 PM  
Blogger John Nelson said...

Allison and I took Emma to SDC a few weeks ago. The new section is a LOT of fun! Fun new rides (and GREAT roller coasters!). I think SDC is the best at Christmas, though...all the lights, the hot apple cider...yum.

You should also check out Celebration City...it's more ride-based and has an awesome wooden roller coaster!

3:37 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

Let's hear it for Bluegrass and BBQ!!!!!! :)

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shelli. My name is Bonnie and I am a friend of Abbey in Cali. I'm from Kansas originally and every summer we would go to Silver Dollar City as a family. I haven't been for about ten years, but man was I excited to see your post about "Fire in the Hole!" That ride used to scare the crap out of me as a kid, but I loved it. I still have some of the little glass rocks they make in the glass blowing shop. Ahhh, the memories!!! Thanks!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Unfortunately...Fire in the Hole is really run down and kind of falling apart now.

...but yah, that ride used to scare the crap out of me too.

amuSement...not amuZement. Sorry folks.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

I too, loved Fire in the Hole when I was a kid. I think it was sort of like a "gateway" roller coaster for me. Ever since I rode that one as a kid, I am totally addicted to roller coasters! The bigger, the faster, the more upside-down loops, the better!

And I'm sad you didn't mention The Lost River...and the log ride. Can't go to SDC without going on those!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

And I'm coming too!!!!!!!!!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home