Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Spoiled Little B#tch!...

Yep, thats what Indianna (my dog) is, and since she REALLY is a "b" word, I don't mind calling her that right now!

Last night, that little "b" chewed a hole in our carpet...in our HALLWAY...IN OUR NEW HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've owned that place for a little over a month, and it is already loosing value. GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!

I am also having some "issues" with this little "b" and my WAY over bearing Motherly instinct with her. See, Justin was raised with dogs, and so was I...the only difference was that mine were EXTREMELY SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those little (full bred) muts had more of a luxurious life than I did! My parents would always baby them, get them the BEST dog houses, make sure that they were treated by the BEST vets, gave them the most expensive food, had them AKC registered and bred, let them lick the ice cream bowls after we were done, took them on family vacations, keeps them alive with daily injections of meds, leads them around the house because they are blind, and of course brushed their hair everynight.

And so, you know what???...ofcourse, these spoiling habits have trickled down to me. I want to give "Indi" the best of everything. I was buying her "Iams" dog food (Justin secretly switched her to Purina without me noticing. Darn yellow bag.) I want to buy her a dog house (Justin insists that it is a wasted expense and he'll build her one. Note: He's been saying that for 5 months), I want to get her a travel kennel for her to sleep in at night and on vacations (...again, a waisted expense in Justin's eyes. "We'll just lock her in the hall way with a baby gate". WHICH...worked great, until we had CARPET!!!!) Her colar has "bling bling"...excuse me, but my dog has got to be "hot" if she's ever going to find a good mate. (sorry Sonny)

Ok. So, lets recap...my dog is spoiled, she chewed a hole in our carpet, and does not have a dog house. So, you may be thinking to yourself...well, if she did that yesterday, and she still doesn't have a dog house...is she outside without a house? The answer to that question would be YES! She has been officially kicked out of the house if we are not there. She will be staying in her new "back yard" (which is just a glorified big back porch with a privacy fence around it), BUT...she loves her new "back yard" so much, that she will not pee or poop back there. So...when we bring her in from being back there...she RUNS to the front door, does the potty dance and usually doesn't make it and pees on our new rug. Like last night!!...right after I saw the hole in the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo Hissy Indianna...mommy spoils you WAY too much for you to be like this. You were trained better than that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

you could still do the baby gate/hallway trick, but put tape a shower curtain liner down so she can't chew or dig...or perhaps she'd just chew that. sorry.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

...we tried a tarp...she chewed the tarp.

9:31 AM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

wow that stinks!! :( Have you tried providing her with a gignormous raw hide bone or something to chew instead? Or obedience school [for puppy....and mommy....heehee... ;) ]

1:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

a king sized litterbox that she dislikes and actually TREMBLES when you try to place her in it...oh wait, that's my stupid dog.

still working on newspaper though.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home