Friday, May 27, 2005

T.G.I.F. (Thank God I'm Fabulous??)

When becoming a real woman, living in the real world, dressing for success, and making real world money?...do we as Christians become to fabulous for our Christian label?

Does TGIF really mean THANK GOD I'M FABULOUS?

I've found that I've morphed into this person, this thing that I sometimes really DO NOT like. To some, I'm this hometown girl who loves her husband, loves to hunt and fish with her dad, likes "antique hunting" with her mom, likes to be outside, has dance parties in her house with crazy other girls, has a messy house, and loves dogs.

To others, I'm a (somewhat) successful business woman, has manicured hands, shops for expensive clothes, and is very unsatisfied with my outside appearance.

WHO IN THE WORLD AM I?...REALLY??...

How do we balance our selves with what God WANTS us to be? Just today, I was talking with a good friend about possible future money oppurtunities. Yes, I need to be out of debt, but...do I really have the time to "put on another mask"...just to service my money hungry self?

Yuck yuck yuck!

Ok, lets get to the basics:

1. We need to make money to survive. ITS JUST THE FACTS! Unless, we has free land, and a miracle crop that needs no attendance...and by the way, does that crop produce cotton and wool to make clothes?...WE HAVE TO MAKE MONEY!
2. God does not like debt. Its all over the scriptures...PAY YOUR DEBTS!!!
3. God does not like us to be "of the world", but we are definitely IN IT! So?... what do we do?

I think that there is definitely a balance somewhere (scriptures do back me up on that)...but right now, I am WAY off course. I really consentrate on what others think. YUCK!!!! Why in the world?

So, I guess I'm back in the "big fish"...or did I really ever get out? I'm living life in what I think is Gods will...but I think that I'm too self absorbed and happy in this "fish gut" that I forgot that God had a bigger plan for me...

PLANS TO PROSPER, PLANS TO NOT FAIL, PLANS FOR HAPPINESS, PLANS FOR LOVE, PLANS TO LIVE IN HIS WILL!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Jeremiah!

Well...Back on my knees I go. I thought I was living life "ok", but really I was just in the "statis kwow" (yep...no clue on how to spell the real word)

LORD...HELP!!!!! I want to be "real" with EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE that I come across. I do not want to be a money hungry monster!

...maybe I should read "The Raggamuffin Gospel"...I've heard that book has lots of insight into this type of stuff.

yours truly, the eternal student.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

way to summarize the constant inner battle that is my life. i think as christians, we start to see ourselves as God's "chosen ones"...not as in, praise God that He in his infinite grace and mercy chose me, a pathetic sinner to save and bring into fellowship with Himself. no, "chosen one" as in "praise God that I am a christian and therefore 'deserve' a nice car, excess money, beautiful clothes, hair, teeth--all the finer things in life." which is so silly, anyway, because i think you made the point quite well that the finer things in life are transparency and intimacy with loving and genuine family and friends.

oh, and the correct spelling is "status quo". thank you very much (3rd AND 5th grade schoolwide spelling bee winner).

1:48 PM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

If you seen a child, approximately 3 years old, and they had knots in their hair, chocolate all over their face, crusted food on their faded too-small-to-be-wearing-shirt, and holes in their jeans, mismatched socks of two contrasting colors with their shoes on the wrong feet…would you think they had parents that weren’t doing a very good job? That’s how GOD feels, he wants his children to be clean and look nice so that everyone will know he is a good father. (taken from: Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen)

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home