Monday, May 16, 2005

God...from whom all BLESSINGS flow!

Do you ever find yourself in a FUNK?...

The truth behind my job: It's a blessing! When it comes down to it...it is a HUGE blessing. Yes, I complain quite a bit about very stupid things...actually... A LOT. But, its because, I've found myself to be in (what I call) "a current state of FUNK". The only thing that is bad about my current employment status is that I have to drive 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back, and my co-workers just don't like me very much. ( I think they also don't "get" my sense of humor) They had it pretty easy around here before me, and now...there's a boss. And darn it, wouldn't you know...I'm the type of person that feeds off of other peoples opinions! YUCK! I hate that about myself. If you are familiar with the DISC profile...I am a very very high "I". Which means that I am always trying to please...always trying to put on a show...and always needing to be RIGHT in the middle of all the action! Well, unfortunately...my team that I work with did not want that type of person. STINK! HOWEVER, things are getting much much better, and I'm blessed with great management above me. My direct boss is great! She's sassy, funny, and genuinely cares about people. Her boss is also great. He is a highly educated man who looks at the big picture, see's the end result, and will do what it takes to get there. He is a great encourager. SO WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I COMPLAINING ABOUT????? I'm complaining because I'm just not living out my passion right now. Which is: missions and music.

My husband and I have a big 10 year plan! ( I know...I know..."does it coinside with Gods Plan?")...we think so. Our plan is for him to finish his bachelors, then off to seminary, somewhere in there have some kids, then finally...off to the full time mission field doing Gods work! BUT...in the mean time, I have to work to support us. And...here is the fun part: We are thinking about seminary in California...where is the headquarters to my job??....CALIFORNIA. Maybe...JUST MAYBE...God DID have our future in mind when he placed me here. Why can't I just be content in that?...well...I'm trying. I just need lots of encouragement and prayer.

SO...to you my friends and family that are reading this...DO NOT LET ME COMPLAIN ABOUT MY JOB....IT IS A BLESSING DANG IT!

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

Way to go girl!! ;)

2:00 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

this is the first time i finally got a chance to check your blog! you ROCK!!!!! i would be sooooooooooo sad if you moved away :(

4:44 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

Wow, Shelli bean, you are getting SPAM on your BLOG!!! Ahahahahaaa!

OK, sorry, had to get that out. That comment above is SOO stinky! boo hissy!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home