Wednesday, May 25, 2005

How to apply "fake tanning" lotion properly?

Last night, I discovered that I had some sisters that had been subject to "streakage" in the past. This ofcourse being because they did not know the proper / Shelli way of putting on that fake tanning lotion stuff.

Seeing as how I was ADDICTED to the stuff in college, I feel that I should share my knowledge.

1. I believe the best stuff to use the "Nutrigena" spray on kind.

2. Before you start...take a shower, exfoliate REALLY GOOD, and shave your legs.

3. Put regular lotion on. Put it on pretty thick and make sure its all absorbed in.

4. Lay a dark colored towell on the floor. Next to the towell, put a large bowl with water and a thing of soap too.

5. While sitting on the towell, start spraying the "tanning" spray on your legs. MOVE QUICKLY!!! ...rubbing it in circular motion. NO UP AND DOWN MOTION!!!! This will help with the "no streak" result. After each limb you've applied it, wash your hands IMMEDIATELY. (hence the reason for the bowl of water and soap) No one likes yucky orange palms.

6. Start doing the same routine for all over the body. Remember to rub it in in circular motion and wash your hands after you've applied it to every limb.

7. YOUR FACE: This is a scary area... I suggest (from experience) that you put a little dab of your favorite facial moisturizer on your fingers and spray the tanning spray onto that, mixing it together, and applying quickly and thoroughly to your face. DON'T FORGET YOUR NECK AND EARS.

Hope this helps...
Be Beautiful!!! - Shelli

8 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

I for one am looking forward to the next hands-on training session being offered in a few weeks by Tans by Shelli. I am quite pleased with your cancer free methodology..... :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger shauna said...

wow shelli! that's pretty impressive. now i know who to call for beauty tricks.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Correction to Sarah's comment: I will not be doing a "hands on" session. She will be applying it herself.

1:43 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

To clarify first comment, and shelli's correction:
well, technically, by hands-on, I WAS referring to the fact that I would be applying the stuff myself....

....the fact that there will be actual application of the self tanner at aforementioned session (self application, mind you), constitutes a "hands-on training session"..... ;P

I was being completely innocent!!!!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

i too am looking forward to the training session. i feel like a young paduan in the presence of a great (tanning) master.

6:22 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

yes....but we are tan.....(ish)....

11:55 AM  
Blogger RockStar Jones said...

hmm what about latex gloves on your hands instead of washing them after every limb?

8:09 PM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

That, Rockstar, may be the best idea yet....hmmm...

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home