Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Resting in the Lord after heartbreak...

My life is an open book. Anyone who knows me...knows that fact. I've never known when to keep my mouth shut and just be still. I've never known when to quiet my restless soul and just listen.

Like I've said before...maybe I tell too much about my life on this blog...maybe I need to just STOP giving out so much information to the world. Maybe this is one of those times, or maybe this is not. I don't know. All I know is that I move on and get over things quicker if I verbalize what I'm going through. I think its just how I...Shelli Jones...heal.

Last night, after nearly 9 weeks of pregnancy, I had a miscarriage.

I have been overwhelmed (in a good way) by the emails of encouragement I've received by so many of my friends and family. Over and Over again, I think to myself "I just miscarried last night, should I be giving out so much information so soon? Shouldn't I just be quiet right now?" But, thats just NOT how I am.

I'm finding joy in the fact that God has this little one in his care now.

I'm finding joy in the fact that I had a small role to play in Gods over all purpose and plan.

I'm finding joy in the fact that Justin and I were successfully able to conceive.

I'm finding joy in the fact that I can now minister to other women that may have to go through this.

I'm finding joy in the fact that my husband is a strong rock to cling to and that he made me breakfast and coffee this morning.

I'm finding joy in Jeremiah 29:11...knowing that God has a plan and is in complete control.

I'm finding joy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I'm so sorry!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

Shelli, I am crying in Mexico. I love you and Justin so much.

1:19 PM  
Blogger *g* said...

hang in there, princess shelli.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh Sweet Shelli...

I am so very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Abbey

PS I am so happy that you enjoyed your b-day gift...

5:23 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Shelli, I praise God for you and how you are finding joy in the midst of your trial. You are awesome.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Shelli, I'm so sad to hear this happened. As someone who is having trouble conceiving, I can only imagine the heartbreak.

I'm so glad that you are the kind of person who can find comfort in the Lord after something like this. We all know our God is a loving God.

I hope your body heals quickly and I wish you and Justin many healthy babies in the future.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Laura Ickes said...

Shelli,

I am right there with you. I had one in November. You are absolutely right. There is joy and it needs to be shared, even in the midst of loss and change.

Love,
Laura

11:04 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

thinking of you and praying for you, girl.

love,
heidi

3:05 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hi Shelli,
I'm a friend of Sarah H's and I check out your blog periodically. I hated to see the info about you having a miscarriage. I also miscarried after about 8 weeks, 5 years ago Valentine's Day. It definitely was one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever experienced. I never realized how much you could feel for someone you didn't even know yet and only knew about for so little a time.

During the time I was grieving over that loss, a friend sent me this "saying" and it was very comforting to me. I wanted to share it with you and hope it can be a comfort for you, too.

There Is Nothing -
no circumstance, no troble, no testing - that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me. It has come with a great prupose, which I may not understand at the moment: but I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart. No sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I will rest in the joy of what my Lord is. That is the rest of victory.

As I said, I hope this can be helpful for you, even for a moment. You'll be in my prayers.

Jill L.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home