Wednesday, November 28, 2007

C.H.A.O.S. ...and my worst nightmare come true.

Ok, I've complained on this blog, I don't know HOW many times, about my lack of good housekeeping skills. I realized a couple of months ago, that I have a bad case of ,what The Fly Lady calls, "C.H.A.O.S." or "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome". My laziness and non-ability to prioritize my time and life, has made my home one of clutter, trash, and non-washed dishes. Yuck. And my poor husband. He works his booty off at work and is a full time student. Like he wants to come home from 10-11 hour days to clean. And, after a long day at the office, I really don't want to either. Boo Hissy!

Well, today, my WORST nightmare became a reality. duhn Duhn DUHN!!!!!

UNEXPECTED HOUSE GUESTS. (imagine "psycho" theme music here)

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my bestest friends in the world Brian Bailey and his wife Ashley are relocating here to Northwest Arkansas. I'm so stinkin' excited. Well, Ashley (with her moms assistance) moved up today (Brians coming in about 2 weeks) and was all set to spend her first night in their new home...when, she realized that Brian forgot to get the electricity, gas and water all set up. So...she's without water or heat.

(Shelli goes into PANIC mode realizing that her dear friend and her mother are, inevitably going to be staying at HER HOUSE!!)

I went in to my bosses office, in what shall go down in history as one of my greatest "drama queen" moments, SCREAMING "YOU'VE GOT TO LET ME GO HOME AND CLEAN MY HOUSE...YOU'VE JUST GOT TO. I HAVE COMPANY COMING AND MY HOUSE IS A PIT...YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE SEVERITY OF THIS DAVID....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE". And what did that little turd do? Sat there, hassled me, picked on me and made me SWEAT AND FREAK OUT before he said "I don't care, silly...go home."

Well, with the assistance of the beautiful Meredith, we had this place lookin' like new in an hour. (Plus, my sweet wonderful hubby, cleaned the upstairs spare bedroom. I love him...I think I'll keep him.)

SO...THAT'S MY DAY SO FAR...HOW'S YOURS?

5 Comments:

Blogger carrisa said...

I really miss the crap outta you sometimes.

Come see me.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

Yeah, sorry I couldn't find anyone else Shelli but look at it this way: Brian just wanted to provide you with some motivation for beating this dastardly C.H.A.O.S. syndrome.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mere O. said...

Well, now the place looks great! Hey I didn't mind:
Getting things clean...check!
Good friend to clean with...Check!
Great music to listen to as we clean...Check!

All in all, fun was had by me!

8:52 AM  
Blogger *g* said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh i wish you had called me too!

but i'm not mad. i'm glad you got it done. i'm feeling the same way about my house right now (debbie downer). for some reason all of our cups and glasses have gone missing...

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kristen Compston said...

since I know you live this way too I won't bother to clean when you come to visit...dun dun dun

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home