Friday, November 09, 2007

Oh...FALL and WINTER...how I do love thee...

I love the Fall and Winter. It is DEFINITELY upon us here in Northwest Arkansas.
The trees are a vibrant red and orange, and the air is crisp. Oooooohh...I LOVE IT!




I especially love the smells, tastes and sounds of these seasons. Sounds? Oh, you know...the rustling of leaves, the random Christmas music you hear in that one store that starts playing it earlier than everyone else, and the oven buzzer going off to tell you that you're Turkey is ready for basting. I just love it all.

So, what is YOUR favorite part of Fall and Winter?

And, I don't know why...but I really like this picture of me. It was taken last year up on the balcony of that cheesy saloon show at Silver Dollar City during their Christmas season. Gotta love "snow balls"...which is a hot cocoa with a scoop of ice cream in it that they serve at the Saloon, but only during this time of year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mere O. said...

Some of my favorite things about fall are: scarves; drinking hot chocolate for breakfast, lunch or dinner; the vibrant colors of the leaves on the trees; the smell of a bonfire smoldering off in the distance; and crisp morning air...just to name a few. I also like that picture of you, very pensive.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

Ok, fall and winter suck compared to summer, but to answer your question there are a couple of things that I like about winter: Snow, Family Time, Goooood Food. Don't get me wrong, winter isn't all bad....summer just kicks winter's face in.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh Fall...my favorite season...the coffee, the cozy sweaters and scarves, the changing leaves, the fun holidays that involve food...there are just SO MANY THINGS that are fabulous about Fall...I could go on all day...but I won't clog up your blog. : )

I also like that pic...there's something so cozy about it...so nostalgic (did I spell that right?).

Anyhoo...you are the awesomest! Thanks again for your amazing support of someone who used to be a stranger and lives on the other side of the country. : ) You're the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That is such a cool picture of you!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite thing about fall is that i am getting married, haha. ;)
j/k....sort of. i love the crisp smell of the air on a crisp sunny fall day....ah.....

3:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

That IS an awesome picture of you!

And ps. Screech was always my favourite! ;)

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home