Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No Air conditioning = GRUMPY MAGOO!!!

So...we are STILL not running the air conditioning. SUCK!

Have you ever worked out (like extreme cardio fat burning worked out) in a house with no air conditioning, while cooking a meat loaf? Well...let me just tell you...it makes your house a FREAKIN' HELL HOLE WITH HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was (as Mr. Jones' refers to it) "BALLS HOT" in our house. I had Had HAD to turn the air on for a little bit. I was already sweating from working out...and with the oven on, it made for one giant sauna.

...and then...OH YES...and then...the drooling drip of dread! (that was an "Onomatopoeia" AND "Alliteration"...thank you James Miller aka: KNOW IT ALL!)

I sat quietly in silence on my couch after I finished my work out and what do I hear? The air conditioner turn off...THEN...(slowly)Drip...Drip...(faster)drip drip drip...POUR POUR POUR...SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH!!!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"STUPID AIR CONDITIONER!"

Boo Hissy!!!!!!!!

Today...the repair man cometh!

7 Comments:

Blogger James Miller said...

You know that's not an onomatopoeia, right?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

So sorry Captain "Point out when others are wrong"...it has now been updated.

What's next...sentence diagrams? I HATE sentence diagrams?

And if you start lashing out on my spelling...and over extensive use of "..." you can just STAY in Austin...and I never want to see you again.

SO THERE!

Ok...that was a lie. I do want to see you again. BLAH!

2:47 PM  
Blogger *g* said...

i laughed a lot at your post from sept. 16th. hilarious. thank you for writing exactly like you would talk.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I mean...I would classify "drip" as being an onomatopoeia.

"Do you hear that 'drip drip' coming from the kitchen?"

8:02 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Avast! The sea be invadin' yer house through the air c'nditioner! Ah see ye had to swab the deck. I be hopin' that salty sea dog of a repairman be gettin' to ya quick-like or ye'll hafta make 'im walk the plank!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

You just got pirated.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I thought my husband was the only one who compared things to being "hot as balls"! What a gross analogy. I'm sure your friend James will let me know if that's not really an analogy.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home