Saturday, August 18, 2007

Farewell Indi girl...

Today, we sent our sweet little girl off with our dear friends, the Harpers. They and their 3 kids moved to Kansas.



We've been contemplating this for awhile now, and this opportunity to give her to the Harpers came up. Our townhouse is just shy of 900 square feet, with a small fenced in back porch. During the day, that is where Indi would stay. We always felt sad that we didn't have a yard for her play around in during the day...well, now she does. And, she has 3 very happy children to play with her all the time. We're also very very busy people on the go. We're always going somewhere, doing something...and never had the time to really devote to her. She deserved a home with people that could spoil her rotten with love...and unfortunately that was not us...not now anyway.

Sometimes I wonder: "If I couldn't give time to a dog, how can I give the time and devotion needed to a child?"...but then, everyone always reminds me "a person is different than a dog Shelli...duh! You can't just leave them on the back porch...they become a part of your every thought and move." And then I feel better. Plus, I hope to be a stay at home mom...so that will help too.

So, our sweet Indianna Belles Jones is now a Kansas girl. Farewell Indi girl...you'll be missed.

And yes, there were lots of tears from me. Justin's been able to "hold it together"...but not me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

it is a hard thing to do. We gave our dog to our neighbors when we moved from Tulsa. I cried like a baby, and I still miss her so! But she is fat and sassy and loved.

Dogs and kids--there's no comparison! Kids are welcome everywhere we go (except maybe work--though I know several exceptions to even this rule), but dogs pretty much have to stay home. So don't feel like being "too busy" for a dog means anything about whether you have time for kids. Besides, kids tend to help you prioritize your time ;).

p.s. there's also no such thing as having enough money first. Just trust in God's provision for your time and money.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even get to say goodbye...... :(

I shall miss her.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I'm so sad for you!!

But you are doing a wonderful thing!!! Thinking of your dog's happiness and well-being before your own is so self-less...you should be very proud of yourself.

Cry, cry, and cry some more...but know you are being a better person than most could ever dream of!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

Sad day, but I agree that it was a good thing to do. Look at it this way, now you won't have to contend with dog hair all of the time!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Oh Shelli, that's so hard to say goodbye to a pet! I guess you have one MORE excuse to go up and visit your friends now! :)

It sounds like you know you made the right choice.

(and holy late comment, batman... I'm catching up from when I was away this summer!)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home