Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"You've got a friend...doo doo do doot DO..."

I have been blessed with some great friends. From college pups to mature adults willing to be a mentor of sorts. All of my friends are great…

However, Justin and I are particularly blessed by two specific couples that we often get together with for a fun night of laughter and games. It used to be just two couples, then it was bumped up to two couples and Sarah…but, now its been bumped up to three couples since Dave and Sarah starting dated and now engaged. One time, we three couples of orient are…erg…I mean North West AR even bumped it up another notch by adding in the Millers for a fun night of Wii and DDR. But, usually its just us three couples. Three couples without children and in a major time of change in our lives. (By the way…I think we ALL agree that we would like to “Red rover Red rover, send the Millers back over” more often)

Anyway…we’re all at a major crossroad in life…and it’s been great, so far, to go through it with such great people.


Jones: Trying to graduate and figure out where we are going to go full time on the mission field.

Akins: New home, life changes in the works, loss of dear friends.

Hamrick / Hodges…soon to be Hamrick’s: Engaged and ready to begin their life together.

Here’s to you, Bill and Karen Akins, for providing pizza, a fun house, a fun dog and fun times on your Wii last night. (And, who knew that the Wii would even work as a slide show for your digital camera memory card? We HAVE to get one of those things.)

Here’s to you, Dave and Sarah (Hodges) Hamrick, for being such awesome people who like to share your stories of engagement and muddy shoes turned romantic story escapades.

Here’s to you Akins and Hamrick/Hodges…you are some of my favorite people in the world and I’m blessed to call you my friends! Here’s to two of my most favorite couples for being so fun and always up for a good night of crazy talk, games and occasional whimsy of girls chattering about girly stuff. If I had a glass I’d raise it to you right now at work…but, alas, you’ll have to settle for a stirofoam cup of really bad coffee.

…and I’ve supposedly spelled stirofoam incorrectly, but I’m not getting any suggestions on the correct spelling. So, you’ll have to settle for that too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

we'd love to see ya'll more! give us a call. we so enjoy the jones, hamrick/hodges & akins time. um...maybe we need to have a har-ber swim party. we should drop the hint to karen.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WIIIII!!!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

sorry about my random username. my secret is out. jaime...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Umm, right back at you, Shelli and Justin (yeah, I just lumped you into Shelli's blog, Justin). You guys pour a lot of love and joy into my life!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I know all you people (with the exception of Dave)! And, yeah, I guess you're alright :).

p.s. I'm inclined to spell it styrofoam, but I can't back that up.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH!!! Shelli, you brought a sweet tear to my eye!! I love all the coupleness as well. I am so thankful for Jones' Akins' and Millers!! And happy to be part of the couple clan. :) :)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home