Friday, August 24, 2007

To all the friends I've loved before...

Life throws a curve ball now and then...it's true. We flow through life...sometimes going crazy fast pushing really hard, struggling to get upstream, then other times...we just float back down stream and are thankful for the easy path.

WEll, 13...YES 13 friends of mine hitched a ride down a completely different stream this summer.

At first, when they all moved, I was like "Eh...we'll be fine...we'll keep in touch." But then, last night at a girls night out, I realized that we are indeed at a loss here without them. It was pretty sad to sit at the table and not have Erin and Kristen there. True...I was a random friend that just popped into their circle last year really...but, still...I missed them last night.

Erin moved to Colorado to pursue her masters in architectural design (or something like that)at the University of Colorado, Denver. Well...not only is the city of Denver getting a talented artist...but they're getting an amazing woman of God. Gennie and Erin are two of the most "spriritually mature" women I know. Christ has set up permanent living quarters in their souls and he just beems through them. Erin is a ray of light to me...she encourages me...and I'm so glad to call her a dear friend. I better see you in January on the ski slopes girl.

Kristen and her husband Stephen moved to Colorado as well. He is studying Law at the University of Colorado in Boulder. SO JEALOUS BY THE WAY! I heart Boulder. Kristen and Stephen are a really cool couple. They're so laid back on life...until you start talking about the women trapped in the sex trade in India. Then, all of the sudden, you see Kristin take on the manifestation of a rabid beast ready to tackle anyone with the will to hurt those women. And, from what I've heard...I think Stephen did just that once. YIKES! Anyway...you two are SO stinkin' cool...and your heart to minister is very encouraging and a breath of fresh air. See you in January...I prefer Egyptian cotton, 400 thread count sheets. Thanks.

Well, Erin, Kristen and Stephen are only 3 of the 13.

The Harper family is gone too. They make up 6 of the 13. Mike, Stacy, their 3 amazing kids...and Indianna...the greatest dog in the world. (See previous post). Their family was really a pillar in our church. They had so many strong relationships...and I really looked up to Stacy. I still do, and probably always will. She's as crazy as me...and she, along with Mike, raise their kids EXACTLY how Justin and I want to. I MISS YOU STACY!!!!

That brings us to 9 (yes, one is a dog) so far...the other 4 are just as amazing.

Sweet sweet Whitney. Oh, I'll miss her sweet little hugs. And by little...I just mean that she is a small individual, and next to my voluptuousness...she kind of got swollowed up. This woman of God has taken a calling on her life to serve overseas. She is an inspiration! I love you Whit Whit!

Now that makes 10...3 more to cover.

Esther aka Stresther. That girl is one of the bravest souls I know. She just accepted a job and moved to New York City. ("NEW YORK CITY??? Get a rope!" Please tell me someone else remembers that Pace Picante Sauce commercial.) Anyway, unlike the pace picante sauce...Esther will TOTALLY fit NYC. She is the picture perfect city girl. She knows how to downsize and live in small spaces...she can do without a car...and she's cool as heck. Stay cool stir.

Ok, we're down to 2...

James and Adam. Those two rockin' boys, just HAD to move to Austin to pursue their music dreams. That is amazing...how often does someone move to a city to pursue their dreams??? I mean really?

I MISS MY FRIENDS...BOO!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW LISTEN...This does not mean that my wonderful friends that remain here are "chopped liver" or, as Gennie put it Friday night, "What are WE? Balogna Sausage?"...ha ha ha...anyway, my friends that are still here are, of course, wonderful and very much a pillar part of my life. I'm just saying that I miss my other friends. So don't worry...I love all of you too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stu said...

Yeah, I'm with you in this mourning phase. I almost called Compston the other day to go and toss the frisbee around.....sad face.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Is it just me, or is our church wasting away and moving to the far ends of the earth!? So many cool people... gone!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

"make new friends but keep the old; one is silver & the other's gold"

jaime

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks for making a fool of me, I'm sitting in a coffee shop in town full of people I don't know crying my eyes out. I love you Shelli! When you said you'd had girl's night I started to tear up and it just went downhill from there. But, seriously, thanks. I miss you all so much. Life without friends sucks.
At least I have Erin.

9:59 AM  
Blogger erinelizabeth said...

wow, shelli, i hadn't read your blog in a long time, and i'm completely blown away. that's one of the nicest and most encouraging things anyone has ever said about me. i miss you like crazy. i think everyone feels exactly the same way in this situation, on all sides of it. i'm glad to be where i am, doing what i'm doing, but i wish i could magically transport back for girls' night and the grove. i can't wait for you to come in january!! don't toy with my emotions; you better come!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home