Monday, April 16, 2007

CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that episode of “The Cosby Show” where that old man was tap dancing, then he’d look at Bill and say “CHALLENGE”…then Bill would do a really silly tap dance in rebuttal and say “CHALLENGE”???

Well, I think that most of my friends already know this…but, I’ve began my very own version of “The Biggest Loser”. I have a doctor and a “trainer” (she’s not really a trainer, but she’s a “work out monkey” that knows her stuff) holding me accountable and helping me through a VERY intense 13 weeks of physical training until my mission trip in July. (see previous blog entry for more details)

I’m calling this transformation…(drum roll please)…

“THE 4 / 13 CHALLENGE”

For (4) thirteen (13) weeks, I will read the bible daily, eat right, work out for 1 hour every day minimum, and pray for the team that’s going on the mission trip.

Philippians 4:13 (get it?...4 / 13…13 weeks) “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me”.

…so, maybe you’re not going on the mission trip, but can you pray for us? And maybe you don’t need to loose weight, but can you remember me in prayer as I try to? And maybe you already work out, can you encourage me to?

I need to get this thing copyrighted...cause DANG…that’s brilliant!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

You are AWESOME!

I totally support you and pray and pray and pray for you!

Best of Luck!! I'll be thinking of/praying for you!!!!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

it *IS* brilliant! Good for you! Hmm... I might look at doing that, too. I really really really need it. Was it hard to get set up? Do you have a specific plan/goals for meals, etc?

I'll pray for you! :)

YOU! CAN! DO! IT!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love it! And I like that it has a specific time frame and a specific goal...okay, there's the counselor in me talking.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I also wanted to add that your last post totally reminds me of the Cellblock Tango from "Chicago". We should put it to music and give it some jazzy dance steps.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally brilliant......it's so exciting and encouraging to see you guys following where God is sending you! and for you to be so motivated to grow. you're pretty cool.

beth

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, that catchy little "4/13" label makes me want to calcumatate just how many seconds are in that time frame, bokay.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home