Monday, March 05, 2007

"One give One Dollar...who'll make it Two..."

…do you remember that song?

“One give me one dollar, who’ll make it two…two dollars…who’ll make it three? Three dollars twice, now that’s a good price, now who’s got a deal for me?” It was called “Touch of the Master’s hand” by (I think) Ray Boltz? Same guy who sang “Thank You…for giving to the Lord…I am a life, that was changed.”

Well, no, I’m not going to write a cheesy blog about an EXTREMELY cheesy “Contemporary Christian” song from the 80’s…but, I DID go to an auction this weekend…and that’s what got me onto the song.

My Grandpa Ogburn was an auctioneer for YEARS! This weekend, he and my Grandma auctioned off EVERYTHING and are going to start fresh. And by everything…I mean the furniture, the house and land too. They’ve lived in Arkansas long enough and they’re ready to go back home to Tulsa. I’m excited for them. They’ve been saying this for about 5 years now, and they’re FINALLY doing it. Grandma wants some new furniture and her and Grandpa didn’t feel like hauling all their old stuff over, so…they’re buying new stuff and having it delivered. AWESOME HUH? She’s also using this opportunity to go to different auctions and buy some “new to them” antiques.

My family’s great…but let me tell you…when we all get together, we’re ALWAYS bound to fight. I think it’s the Scottish in us. My mom did some geneology work on the family a couple of years ago and found our Scottish heritage. We’re part of a branch from the McDonald clan that mixed with some “Black Dutch”…and I don’t know if they were fighters…but we DEFINITELY are. But…we’ll fight for each other…to the death. We would have made fighting clansmen during the time of Willam Wallace. FREEDOM!!!!!

Anyway…some of the really pretty pieces of furniture that have been in the family a long time were bid on by some of my cousins…and they won. I’m glad that they’re staying in the family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

That is AMAZING! I wish I were not to possesive of my STUFF. It sounds so cleansing!

And by the by...Girl! We are so the same person! My family is Scottish as well...can't remember the clan name...will have to look that up again.

Have a FAB WEEK!!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger erinelizabeth said...

BTW-my family is Scottish, too. we are from the Knox family, which was actually royalty, or something. there's this really famous golf course in scotland, that my dad will be embarrassed that i don't know the name of, and the knox castle is right off one of the greens. on my mom's side, my great great great...grandfather invented kellogg's cereal. what that all means, i don't know. maybe we're like pretentious eaters or something??

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home