Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hawks bill crag...

These pictures are from the womens retreat with my church this weekend. We women of The Grove don’t settle for plush lifestyles and manicures…no no…give us a rustic cabin and some fresh air! Although…I must say…a plush lifestyle and a manicure sounds awfully nice right now.


This picture (taken by and belonging to Evelyn Stillwell) is out at “hawks bill crag” near the Buffalo River area in Arkansas. More pictures can be found at this website: http://www.grove-women.net/










...ps...I'm the little bitty purple spec in the middle of the group. If you want to learn more about "hawksbill crag" go to this website: ttp://theozarkmountains.com/hiking_trails.htm

Many of the girls on the trip went to an area called "Lost Valley" (which is also mentioned in the link above). I hear that it has a camping site too. I'm excited to explore MORE of my states natural wonders. One thing I can proudly say about Arkansas...ITS BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't say that about my original home state of Oklahoma....well...most of it anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia said...

i saw all the pictures, so glad they were posted! looks like you girls had a great time...i wish i could have been there. :) miss you guys! and...i miss the great outdoors! Florida is pretty...but in a definitely different kind of way. the beach is nice...but i miss the hills, trees, and spring flowers. :)

xoxox
-Virginia

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home