Thursday, February 22, 2007

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON???

Do you ever feel like you're on the brink of something huge? Like...your life is getting ready to take a turn and it will never be the same again?

Justin and I are at that place right...wait for it...NOW.

We're in this class called Perspectives. www.arperspectives.org


This class is taking our view on Christianity and the world and FLIPPING it upside down. I just really feel like God is getting ready to do something huge in us. Any time anyone has ever asked us, "what are you going to do after Justin graduates"...we've always rattled off: "He'll get a job and work for a year or two, hopefully I’ll have a baby, then its off to Seminary and then eventually into the mission field full time". I mean…for goodness sakes, look at my post called “Palma de Mallorca, Spain…”

Well, within the last month, things have been happening / said to us that make us wonder maybe God has something COMPLETELY different for us. Things that we thought were “done deals” aren’t so “done” after all. However, one “plan” that has stayed true is MISSIONS. More than EVER before in my life, I’m ready to sell the house and all our belongings and go to the mission field. Somewhere along the way, if God wills, he will give us children. But…I’m all of the sudden, not so antsy about that aspect of my life. I’m more relaxed about the idea of “in God’s timing”.

Basically…all we can say “for sure” is that Justin is graduating in December. After that…who knows. Well, God does…but NOT US!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exciting, Shelli! And scary, too. It's good to see that you're feeling ok with big changes. That adventure of taking those big steps of obedience will always be blessed! Keep us posted!

2:32 PM  
Blogger whitney said...

Hmm...I think I might hear God calling you two to China...to the Tibetan plateau maybe? Yeah, that's what He's saying, you should probably move there soon.

4:46 PM  
Blogger erinelizabeth said...

holy freaking crap!!! why don't i read your blog more often?? what was i thinking? you have no idea how excited this post makes me. to add to your "feeling", i have felt god moving in exciting, indiscernable ways right now, too--missions-related. i feel like GOd is about to just blow the top off of something (hopefully not my head), and we're all just going to say, "Okay, God, whatever you say." AHHH!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home