Monday, June 13, 2005

MONDAY MONDAY... (10:48am)

"Rainy days and mondays always get me down..." -The Carpenters

Well, its Monday already. I feel exhausted from the weekend, and not at all ready to take on the banking world. BLAH!

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon...going for a "second opinion" on some possibly scary stuff. Hopefully not though...keep me in your prayers. I'll let you know...don't worry.

So, listen, I'm back on the "must find new diet...must loose weight" train again. I hate this train, I've been on and off of it since I was 15. That was the year I gained ALL of my weight back after having a "bizarre" sickness that made me drop like 50 pounds, vomit everyday, loose hair, and gave viles and viles of blood for testing. THAT SUCKED!

...truth is, I really miss the outdoors. I used to go outside ALL the time to play, hike, camp, climb, and just chill. NOW...just the though of it makes me short of breath. Two months ago, at the womens retreat, I hiked up this steep hill with about 20 other ladies. OH MY LORD, I THOUGH I WAS GOING TO DIE. Literally...I really did wonder if I was having a heart attack. Luckily, I had a dear friend with me, and a nurse. God was looking out for me. Well, I made it up the hill...but the battle was / is far from over. I want to do that ( hike) more. I want to just put on my shoes, go for a run, and stand at the edge of a cliff over looking Gods beautiful creation. But...I CAN'T.

ONE TICKET TO "WEIGHTLOSSVILLE"...ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S WITH ME?

Update : 3:01pm, I went to the doctor. It looks like I get to do a "stress test" to see if I have some "heart issues". Ooh yeah! NOT!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

sucky about the stress test. i'll pray that it's nothing. or something so minor that the doctors make you feel silly for making a "big deal" out of it.

as my high school (cruel) nickname was "olive oyl"...or however popeye spelled it, i'm not on the weight loss bandwagon, but i am on the "really need to start exercising because i get out of breath walking to the end of the driveway and back" wagon.

my personal favorite is pilates. you don't realize how much you've done until about an hour later.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

i just wanted to clarify that i am NOT saying that i think that you're making a "big deal" out of the possible heart issues. i am mocking the DOCTORS for making their patients feel bad about approaching them about health issues.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home