Friday, June 24, 2005

Hair-do Shmair-do!!!

Do you ever find yourself with a bad "hair rut"? Not hair cut ...hair RUT! I want to do something super cute and drastically different with my hair, but I think I'm too much of a wimp.

The other day, I heard an interesting statistic. (but seeing as how 70% of statistics are just fabricated lies...I don't know if I can trust it...but then again, that "70% thing" is just another statistic. VISCIOUS CIRCLE OF LIES!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway... I heard that women are more likely to keep the same hair-do for years. Usually haulting at either marriage or childbirth. So...what ever your hair looked like on your wedding day, is more than likely, what it will look like in 25 years from then. Or...even worse...what your hair looked like when you had your first baby is what it will look like in 25 years. (which, if you've seen a woman on the day of giving birth...this can sometimes be a SCARY site! Ellen M. being an exception to this rule. Seriously...NOT FAIR ELLEN!)

So...me being just past my first year of marriage, I'm starting to get a wee bit skiddish!

AM I DOOMED TO HAVE BORING OUT DATED HAIR?????????

Lets take a moment to talk about Oleta. ( my co-worker I've referenced many times ) Oleta is 37 years old, and has the hair-do of a highschool senior in the class of 1988. ARE YOU PICTURING THIS??? She has big feathered bangs and permed longer hair. (actually, its not permed...its natural...so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one) But come on...FEATHERED BANGS????????? Seriously woman...move on! BUT...She gave birth to her son Chris in 1988...which explains a lot. ( if this statistic is indeed true)

Oh Lord, please keep me on the upper cusp of fashion. Remind me daily to keep it sassy and updated!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

That's hot.

8:56 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

hey shelli, don't lose hope!! i had long hair for a few years, and after i got married, i just spontaneously decided to chop it all off!! seriously! it was half-way down my back, and i was left with only a couple inches!!!!
one down!
i think being risky and trying different things helps keep us out of the dreaded "hair rut"!!
since i did the really short hair thing, i'm not really afraid of any length of hair cut now!

8:37 AM  
Blogger sarah j. said...

Shelli, you are the Diva....which means you will always be on the top of the fashion tree....and I desperately need you to be!! :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Diva??? I wonder these days.

In my later years of college, I would say so...in my few single years out of college, I would definitely agree? But now???? 30 pounds heavier and the same hair-do?

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT DIVA!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

don't beat yourself up...you're definitely a diva! and i think you totally have cute hair!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

now i will say that most every woman i know chops off her hair right after getting married. i even had the appt. scheduled for the day i got back from the honeymoon. i guess the obvious reason is that the hair was grown out for the wedding and can now be chopped, but i don't know.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home