Monday, June 20, 2005

Felons and Supervisors...

Today is a crazy day. I took my branch supervisor (kinda like my assistant manager under me) to lunch...and tonight, Justin and I are taking a guy with a "not so good with the law" track record to dinner.

Lets start with Oleta. She is the one that I lean on the most at this office. She knows this place backwards, forwards, and side-ways. So...I took her to lunch. We just chatted...mainly about life. Her husband is having some really bad health problems right now. He needs a heart transplant, but doesn't qualify for one. THAT SUCKS! Its like starving, but not qualifying for a food donation. I'm sure there is more to it than that...but thats the most realistic view I have right now.

On to Tommy. Tommy works with Justin at the construction sight, and has been in trouble with the law since 19. He did time in prison for a long time and since he got out...he just keeps on running in to crap. CRAP AFTER CRAP AFTER CRAP... It seems like a viscious cycle for him, and Justin and I are heart broken for him. He really is a SUPER nice guy. But, he just can't keep his "shit straight" as Justin would say. Last weekend, he left his truck at our house while he did manditory time at the city jail. So...Justin and I are taking him out to eat tonight. He deserves a good meal, and we can ATLEAST minister to him in that way.

So...just keep Oleta and Tommy in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home