Saturday, June 21, 2008

A "Lafe index" of my cousins wedding:

Last weekend we went to Tulsa for my cousins wedding. Here is a "Lafe Index" of the event:


Number of times I was asked "How come you aint eatin' meat?" at the rehearsal dinner: 4

Number of AWESOME salads we ate at the rehearsal dinner: 1

Number of times the preacher lifted up his steak and blew its smell towards me to distract and make me stumble (we're 'temporary' vegetarians): about 7

Number of times my sister yelled across the table "a MEAT fast???...that ain't a fast": 1

Number of sharks swimming in the tank as the backdrop to the wedding: 8 ?

Number of times I said "Man, the Oklahoma Aquarium smells like fish": too many

Number of times my cousins cousin (from the other side of the family) said "THIS should be 'interesting'" in response to the reality that our mutual cousin was getting married in front of a shark tank: an endless number.

Number of wedding cakes that collapsed on route to the wedding: 1

Number of "stand in" styrofoam cakes in place for the reception: 1

Number of wedding rings dropped in the ceremony: 1

Number of candles that almost fell over during the ceremony: 1

Number of bridesmaids that sneaked up to straighten said candle: 1

Number of times my Uncle Tommy stepped on the back of my cousins wedding dress train: 3

Number of foot prints clearly left on her train: 3

Number of single girls left at the reception to catch the bouquet: 1

Number of times that I've said "Wow, you know...that was a REALLY pretty wedding. My cousin looked gorgeous and it went really well": TONS.

1 Comments:

Blogger *g* said...

i'm commenting! I'm commenting!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home