Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Emporium vs. Euphonium AND Celine Dion vs. Alison Krauss...

Here is a quick snippet of a conversation I over heard a couple having the other night...

"What is that instrument called that looks like a mini-tuba?"
"Oh, you're talking about an Emporium"
"An Emporium? That doesn't sound right...are you sure?"
"Yes...its an Emporium, trust me."


NO DEAR SIR...an Emporium is a small boutique full of neat gadgets and gizmo's. The instrument in question would be a brass baritone or EUPHONIUM. I had to hold my laughter in.

Second conversation...same couple...about 3 minutes later.

"I really enjoy Celine Dion, but I think Alison Krauss is better at blue grass".

Now, I don't listen to much Alison Krauss...and I CERTAINLY don't listen to much Celine Dion. But, to my recollection...our french-canadian songstress Ms. Dion has NEVER even uttered the WORDS "Blue Grass"...let alone sing it.

Oh...I SO SO SO enjoy eaves dropping.

PS: On a side note. I really enjoy Alison Krauss. I need to own more of her music. We have the new album she just did with Robert Plant. MUY BIEN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

Well I guess that really DOES make Alison Krauss better at bluegrass then, eh? ;)

Have you heard Alison Krauss' song Whisky Lullabye with... Brad Paisley? Oh my. Haunting and so beautiful. You can probably YouTube it.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home