Wednesday, April 16, 2008

...Or not.

Well, we were planning on going to Ukraine this summer, but the Lord brought Ukraine to us.

See...Justin and I have been praying for a long time on where we will go FIRST on the mission field. Ukraine...or China? Knowing, that wherever we go, we will be committing a long period of time in our lives.

We've prayed over Ukraine and China for a year now. Most know that we went to China last year and we were completely knocked on our butts. We ALWAYS thought we were headed to Ukraine. So...we've been in a state of throwing our heads down in prayer...listening to what the Lord had planned for us.

Two weekend ago, we found out that our friends Lloyd and Natasha (our friends that are missionaries in Ukraine and president of the mission organization we would go with. See their website on my sidebar) were in town. IN TOWN PEOPLE...MISSIONARIES DON'T JUST COME TO TOWN, unless there is a reason.

I prayed immediately "LORD, IF IT BE YOUR WILL THAT YOU DO NOT WANT US TO START IN UKRAINE, PLEASE MAKE IT OBVIOUS AND SHUT THAT DOOR."

Through Lloyds words of confirmation (which was a HUGE shocker to me), through a weekend of Justin and I being seperated from each other for prayer and fasting, and through a lunch meeting with two extremely awesome Godly men...Justin took a leap of faith and committed us as a family to China.

I received very simple instructions or "words from the Lord" during my time away from Justin to pray. It was: "The Lord of Lords, God of Gods is Holy and will make your path straight." And, it was overwhelmingly obvious that I was also called to submit to Justin and BE SILENT in this decision making.

So, here we are...April 2008 ready and willing to move to China. But when? We're not exactly sure. I know that I would like to have our first child stateside...and seeing as how I'm not even pregnant...that would give us AT LEAST nine more months here. Plus...you have to get the passport and visa stuff too. So, who knows.

BUT...

WE'RE MOVING TO CHINA.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrisa said...

Oh wow. This is huge. Sounds like you both did exactly the right thing to come to this decision.

I guess this means it's really gonna be awhile before I see you again.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Wow! So exciting ... and terrifying and thrilling and awesome. Looking forward to hearing more!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Shelli, I'm so excited to hear about how God is leading! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

WOW..... I love you guys! :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger CityStreams said...

Wow! What an exciting turn of events! My hubby and I visited a hospital in China a few years ago and I have to say that I highly recommend having your kids in the USA. Plus, pregnant women are a lot more susceptible to malaria and Hepatitis E (a food borne disease) and both of those are widespread in parts of China.

We've also prayed about taking our family there one day. I can't wait to read more! But we're in a holding pattern right now.

9:48 PM  
Blogger ChristiMadden said...

Wow. What a huge decision. I am happy that you all are going to China to do the Lord's work. Hope we can see you before you leave!
Best,
Christi

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home