Sunday, May 25, 2008

I love sexual offenders, gossips, homosexuals, liars and the like. (PS. Wanna buy my truck?)

DID I GET YOUR ATTENTION?

GOOD...! Because God sure got mine this morning at church. (I'll get to truck for sale part at the end)

Do you ever read the bible, or hear a sermon taught from a person that wants nothing more but to make Christs' truth and grace known to the world...and think to yourself "CRAP! I'M SORRY GOD! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!! I'm SUCH a loser. Why do you love ME?"

Yah, today was one of 'those' days.

Matt taught on 1 Peter 2:11-12. "11. Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. 12 Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation."

Here's a Cliff Notes version of the sermon:

Love the unloved, the hated.

Don't judge.

Be prepared for when others make fun of you or assume you're "holier than thou" for claiming CHRIST.

Don't take a "when all else fails, run to Christ" attitude. Rather HOLD TIGHT to Christ constantly, because he'll sustain you when all else DOES fail.

Confess your sins...CONSTANTLY! Never let your guard down, because satan is QUICK to move in and wage war in your soul.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I'M SO PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!! I'M NO BETTER THAN THE PREACHERS OF FALSE GOSPELS, THE METH USERS, THE LIARS AND PROSTITUTES! Actually...they're probably better off than I am. God DID say that he would rather us be 'cold or hot, rather than luke warm'. I'm so 'luke warm' its not even funny.

Am I TRULY...100% sold out to Christ? Am I loving those who are hated? Those that are un-loved? The murderers, the homosexuals...the (gasp) pedephiles? I'm no better than they.

I confess:

1. I'm a liar. Yes, I have a tendency to be a drama queen and over exadurate a story time and again. I don't 'think' I just flat out lie...but, I DO over exadurate at times.

2. I'm addicted to food. No laughing matter here folks.

3. I'm a gossip. This is one I've dealt with for a long...long...long time.

4. I'm a Judgy McJudge. I judge others all the time. I judge OTHERS for judging. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT????


CRAP!!!!!!!


Oh...and Our 1995 Ford F-150 is "un-officially / officially" for sale.

Here are the stats:

1995 Ford F-150
140,000 miles
4 wheel drive
Dual gas tank
XLT package
Extended "Super Cab"
Front chrome grill guard
Bed Liner
NADA retail is around $6000, loan value is around $4500. So, we're open to offers.
...and...the most important aspect: It is referred to as "The Floyd"

PS. I took a 4 1/2 hour nap today. Whoa...someone (named Shelli) was tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home