Friday, March 14, 2008

"FREE T.BET"...into the hands of Christ.

I’ve passed by the TV twice at work today and saw news stories about the riots in T.bet…I JUST NOW looked down at my Starbucks cup and it reads:

The Way I See It # 288

My cousin in T.bet is an illiterate subsistence farmer. By accident of birth, I was raised in the West and have a Ph.D. The task of our generation is to cut through the illusion that we inhabit separate worlds. Only then will we find the heart to rise to the daunting but urgent challenges of global disparity.

- Losang Rabgey, Ph. D.
National Geographic Emerging Explorer and co-founder of Machik, a nonprofit helping communities on the T.betan plateau.




This picture is from Fox News.

I’m answering the very OBVIOUS call to prayer today over my friends that are there and our Kham’s suffering out in the plateau from this brutal winter and now these riots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home