Friday, June 01, 2007

Wowser!!!

6 More weeks, and I’ll be at 14,000 feet elevation. Wow…

Wondering just HOW high that is?

Mt. Everest (the highest peak in the world) between Tibet and Nepal is at 29,000.
Pikes Peak in Colorado is just barely over 14,000.
Fayetteville Arkansas is at 1,400.

So, I’ll be 10 TIMES higher than I am today.

So…yah…I’ll be wondering around a plateau that’s at 14,000 feet in elevation. YIKERS! And it’s relatively “flat”…comparatively speaking.

Anyway…

I love my friends. And I so so SO appreciate their prayers and advice (keep it comin'). But, it cracks me up…they’re all trying to “diagnose” of “figure out” why I’m not loosing weight.

“Increase your carbs”…
“decrease your carbs”…
“increase your calories”…
“cut out all sugar”…
“only work out 5 days a week and rest 2”…
“be active and work out 7 days a week”…
“cut out all wheat products or anything with gluten”…
“no dairy”…
“get plenty of dairy”…

Bottom line: I think everyone is just as frustrated as I am about this!!!

But…I have to, I MUST, keep reminding my self daily that this body is not mine, but a temple dedicated to the glory of God. If he wants to take this weight off of me…he will. He knows what I’m doing and how hard I’ve worked. “He knows the plans for me; plans to prosper and not fail”. (a very chopped up version of Jeremiah 29:11)

Today, I’m at peace. (But, remind me of that tomorrow.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Oh no!! I was just thinking about that reunion today and was gonna get on the website to see when it was. I knew it was in June, but I didn't realize it was the FIRST weekend of the month. I'm really disappointed that I missed it.

Was it awesome?

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home