Friday, May 25, 2007

"You're anemic"...how generic!

Well, not major medical problems here...PRAISE GOD! But, the doctor DID say that I'm "slightly anemic". Which would be about the 5 millionth time I've heard that in my life. I've gone up and down quite a bit in my life.

So, its lots of red meat and iron supplements for this chick. Which is ok with me...I LOVE ME SOME STEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, in all honesty...complete honesty...I was sort of hoping that he would find that I have issues with my thyroid so that he could prescribe that miracle drug we've all heard about before. The one that thyroid patients take and they loose A TON OF WEIGHT!!!!!! Darn! Gonna have to keep fighting this battle of the buldge.

Back to the gym I suppose.

BLAH!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I was totally thinking the same thing a few years ago.

I took a thyroid test and SOOO SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO hoped that I would be able to pop a pill and loose all my weight.

Nope.

Guess it's better to be heavy rather than have a medical problem, though. But, Dang it, I wanted to need that pill. : )

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Myth buster--I have in fact been on that 'superpill' as you call it for several years for hypothyroidism--didn't loose a pound. Therefore, you can be excited about not having the condition. : ) Makes me fatiqued, forgetful, chubby, chilly, etc.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home