Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mayer and Rouse, through the words of Bobby:

Last week, Justin and I were offered tickets to go see John Mayer w/ Josh Rouse at the U. of A. Barnhill Arena. I’m a fan of John Mayer, although sometimes his music is kind of “college rock gone pop”. Justin is a huge fan of Josh Rouse…so, we were pumped.



I’ve decided to rank the artists according to “What would Ricky Bobby Say”: On a scale ranking from “HELP ME TOM CRUISE, ‘CAUSE THIS SUCKS” up to “OH MY DEAR BABY JESUS! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!”, I’ll give Josh Rouse a “Shake N’Bake”. Fun, enjoyable…but not quite over the top. John Mayer??? True, his lyrics and radio hits are pretty good. You can sing to them…play them on guitar, and they bring back lots of memories. BUT HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......



Has anyone seen this man live???????? He freak’n ROCKS MY FACE off on guitar. I would give him a “Smokin’ hot wife in a Crystal Gail T-shirt” ranking. ALMOST worthy of “OH MY DEAR BABY JESUS! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!” I think that in about 10 years or so…he will DEFINITELY have earned, nay even surpassed that ranking.


This picture was taken from our friends Adam and Cyndi. I call it "The Mayer Grunt face"...



....Later Tators!!!




5 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

YES!!! TOTALLY AGREE!! We were there too! :-)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I saw John Mayer when he was in San Jose in October...OH HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Totally Rocks his guitar!!

Remember my post about it??
http://indulgelaughcreate.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-will-never-be-commoner-again.html

6:41 PM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

Sorry I'm on the outs here...but John Mayer is just not...ugh. There is this fine line between dorky and cool...and he impaled himself on it.

That being said I'm sure he can play a guitar nominally well. ;)

Hey...tell your man to blog again!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Ok Babyar...

1. Wow...you're blogging again? I'll have to put you back on my sidebar. I was so sick of looking at "can you help me get an ipod"?

2. I will tell the man to blog...but no promises. He's pretty random about when he does.

and 3. Dude...Go get the latest "Rolling Stone" mag. John Mayer rocks! And Rolling stone thinks so too. He's being called one of the new "guittar gods". Were you AT the concert? Have you seen him live?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

Let's just say I have seen him in many pictures/video, and he is a complete goober...so musical prowess aside he ain't no "wonderland."

That being said, if you and Justin thinks he rocks live...I do not have the credentials to argue with such rock stars as thee.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home