Tuesday, December 26, 2006

And Scene...

SECOND VERSE...SAME AS THE FIRST.

I'm pretty certain that I wrote this EXACT same post around Christmas time LAST YEAR...but, here we go again...

This year has FLOWN by...faster than any I've remembered. Christmas is over and the year is coming to a close. I can't believe that next month I'll be turning 29. Which technically means I'm turning 30. Because...you really start life at 0...and by the time you turn 1, you've actually already FINISHED your 1st year and you're on to your 2nd. So...TECHNICALLY...I'm finishing up my 29th year and starting my 30th. YUCK!

In the words of the Brady Bunch "When its time to change, you've got to rearrange...who you are into what you're gonna be...shana na na na na na na na na...sha na na na na."

I think that as I'm approaching 30...I'm slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) morphing into who I AM...who Shelli Dawn from Tulsa Oklahoma is going to be for the rest of her life. Am I going to be a busy body that never has time for others?...am I going to be a person who takes time to look at the scenery...am I going to be a person who loves giving of herself to help others?...I hope its the latter two.

I really like this quote from John Lennon "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans".

I keep waiting and waiting for that "moment"...that day that I finally "grow up" and it all becomes clear...when oh when will that day be?

...and when am I gonna loose all this weight? I mean seriously? I've been talking about it for years. I might just follow Kirsty Alley and call Jenny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Do we ever reach that moment where we are "Grown-Ups"? I'm not sure it will happen. : )

I understand 30...but try to think of it like this: a woman I know who is well into her 30s once told me that the 30s are when you're life finally starts falling into place...everything starts to all make sense. I'm looking forward to that!

And finally... the weight issue. I'm there with you. I'm figuring out that if I got off my lazy duff I could probably drop a bit of weight. Why am I so lazy? Because I would rather be reading this blog (and others) and making comments just like this to running around the street. But I Really, Really do want to try. But how to I keep it up????

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home