Thursday, January 05, 2006

SNORE NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As many of you already know, I am an extreme snorer. If snoring was an olympic event, I would have atleast 27 gold metals...one for each year of my life that I've snored. According to my parents and sister, this has been going on since birth. And...if you take a gander at my husbands blog, www.rockstarjones.com you'll see that I'm starting to cause him to have even WORSE insomnia than he did before marrying me. Sorry Babe...I love you.

Well...have no fear, the C-PAP is here (well...in February it will be)!!!!!! I guess I have this thing called "sleep apnea" that causes my airways to close up and be restricted at night, thus making a horrible rattle noise at the back of my throat...causing "snoring". Also, this causes me to STOP breathing and wake up on average 5-6 times an hour. (my dad averages 20...YIKES!) Also, sleep apnea is linked to high blood pressure and has a direct link with obesity, diabetes, and they are doing research to proove that this is the main cause for S.I.D.S. (or "sudden infant death syndrom") I had to take a sleep study (twice) in a strange room with people monitoring me while I sleep...but, they discovered that I do INDEED have this "sleep apnea" and that I need a breathing machine for night time. BUT... THIS IS WHAT I'LL LOOK LIKE WHEN I SLEEP, and thats not even showing the long tube that runs from my head to a bulky machine next to my bed!!!!!!!! OH GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

you're going to look like a middle aged balding man in a plaid shirt?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

I had a boss once that had a cpap that had a mask. He left it on the floor by his bed. One night he didn't check it before he put it on and found that the dog had relieved himself in/on it. Ewww! All of that to say...keep it away from the precious pooch.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

that's an important lesson about the dog. i'm very excited to hear the results of using the machine (wish it wasn't called a c-pap). i'll just call it your darth vader mask.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Don't forget the strap mark that will be left going across your temples and cheek for the first 2 hours of the day.... No more trips to the coffee store... or at least to THAT one :)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home