Friday, January 13, 2006

My Death Sentence...

Dieting is NOT my favorite thing in the world….but neither is being fat. So, it HAS to happen.

Lately, I’ve been having these “dreams” or “visions” or “whatever you want to call them” that I’m going to be an overweight mom. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

I love my mother, but she did not do much in the ways of teaching my sister and I good eating habits…or excersizing habits…or house cleaning habits…or a lot of other things…but you get my point. She always had food on the table, and it was GOOD food. Very fattening and very large portions. My mother also has high blood pressure and is over weight. Hmmm…that sounds like me. THANKS MOM!!!!!!!

No…but seriously, I know I can’t blame my mother for the way I am NOW…but, the habits that I was indulged in as a child have now caught up with my butt, mid-driff, and arms. Somehow, my sister Christi ended up SUPER skinny and real cutesy…what the heck happened here?????

So…the inevitable is upon me: YOU’RE MORBIDLY OVERWEIGHT. I’m literally a “100 pounds +” overweight. I technically qualify for one of those stomach shrinking surgeries.

OH MY GOSH!!!!! HOW DID I GET HERE???? WHO AM I??????????? WHY DO I HAVE TWO CHINS?????? WHY DO I HAVE TO SHOP IN THE PLUS SIZE SECTION????????????

If I don’t loose weight now…I’ll NEVER do it. So…friends…I’m calling on you to be a person that I hate!!!!!!!!!! The person that says “Shelli, are you supposed to be eating that?” Sarah and Justin…I know that this will be the hardest for you two, but you HAVE to do this for me. Its my health we’re talking about here.

I don’t want to die young…unless its Gods will.

BUT I DON’T WANT TO!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Virginia said...

i love you, Shelli! its kindof cool how it seems that everyone in our circle is making attempts at being healthier..whether its food or finances or organization... we're all working on it. and we all need each other for support and encouragement.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

you're not alone! like virg said, we can all encourage one another on.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

don't think of it as dieting...think of it as a positive lifestyle change! and i already know that you love those healthy foods...grilled chicken, sushi, steamed veggies, as i have eaten them with you.

i always just get overwhelmed with deciding what to eat, so the whole pre-prepared menu helps a lot.

12:49 AM  
Blogger shauna said...

shelli, that's stinkin' awesome! i completely support you in this!

you've already made the first step which is one of the hardest.

the second is to not let yourself be overwhelmed by it. it won't happen overnight. start by putting one foot in front of the other. once you have a long-term plan determined, don't let yourself get discouraged by the journey ahead, just focus on the steps you can take today. today is enough to think about. in the end those little steps are the ones that get you to your destination!

way to go shelli!!!! you are going to conquer this!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

Shelli,
I am so proud of you! You rock!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home