Friday, January 20, 2006

Crack Cocaine Makes You Skinny...well...sort of!


These are some of my closest girlfriends from college. We all lived in the same dorm together and were all VERY involved with our on campus ministry “Campus Christian Fellowship”…or CCF.

We were all in Tulsa this last weekend to celebrate the impending birth of Leslie’s (front middle pregnant girl) little boy. I can’t wait to see him!!!! Unfortunately, there are 3 girls missing from the picture. 2 of whom were just late to the party. (Vanessa and Holly…SHOUT OUT HOMIES!!!!!)…the other one is Shannon who is currently in the mission field of India with her husband.

Anyway…I want to talk about Christine. She is the girl in the front row with long “blondish” hair, black shirt, faded jeans, and a long necklace. 1 ½ years ago…Christine was double the size she is in this picture. She has lost 130 pounds!!!!! I could NOT believe it when I saw her.

We were all giggling, jumping around, being dorks and laughing…when I noticed a girl just standing there looking at us. I looked at her for a minute and then she smiled. I thought to myself “this girl looks SO familiar, but I can’t remember her name”. And then it DAWNED ON ME….HOLY POO…THAT’S CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really could not believe what I was seeing.

…Now, Christine, Kim (the tall girl with glasses) and I were always the “chubby ones” in our group. (but the funniest ones I might add…) We were always able to share clothes…talk about dieting…and sit on the sidelines while the rest of the girls went out on dates.

…but NOW…NOW CHRISTINE IS ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!! ONE OF THE SKINNY ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The funny thing is…she TOTALLY still has her sense of humor. She told everyone that the reason she lost weight is “that crack cocaine…it rocks!”…then would follow up with the truth, which is diet and excersise.

Well, Christine…I’M GONNA JOIN YA SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH OUT!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

It is so nice to support friends.

I hate friends who jealous when things go right for their other friends ... it makes me sad! : (

Luckily, as you get older, you can pick and choose your friends a little more. I've learned that I'm not obligated to be friends with people just because I 'should.' Which is so very nice because then you can tend to your wonderful friendships and weed out the unhealthy ones. This was very important to me, as I had more than my fair share of very unhealthy friendships in high school and college. Sometimes growing up is fantastic!

~Abbey

PS WOW! Just saw that I've been added to your "Who I read...who you should read too" list. I am honored. : )

PPS How's the South doing? I miss it there!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

The south is trying to "rise again"...but we're too lazy to get off the couch. HA HA HA HA...I love California...I wish I was there sometimes.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home