Thursday, November 17, 2005

Time for a baby???

This is my family. Me, Husband, and Indianna our dog (well, when she was a puppy)....

Sometimes I feel that I'm ready for a baby, and then I remind myself that I don't even have time to clean my house or take care of a dog, let alone a kid. But... they are so amazing...and they're so cute...and so wonderful...and such a blessing...and my church is sprouting them out of every woman...and I just sometimes feel that its "time".

So, when do you know that it IS "time"? Is it when you are finally financially free?...is it when you get the surprise reading on a pregnancy test?...is it when God says "you...down there...make a baby!"...or is it something completely different? Am I supposed to see a gigantic sign? I've brought this up to Justin. I think I'm more ready than him. I say things like "oh, don't you want to just go ahead and have a baby?"...then his response is usually "oh, ha ha ha...not right now babe. Just wait." So, obviously, its not the right time for us because we're not on the same page...BUT WHEN?

I'm starting to get antsy for a little bugger. Although, children scare me to death. (this all links back to ONE bad experience baby sitting my neice when she had a seizure.) But, I'm sure that once I have my own...it will all "make sense" and it will be "wonderful"...or to quote Katie Holmes "its just so amazing, we are just so happy and in love."

...well, in reality, it will probably not happen for another 2 years AT LEAST! But, in the mean time...I'm really getting antsy. Maybe Justin and I need to babysit more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Libs said...

Patience and timing.. it will get there! plus if you wait then we can have babies around the same time.. 2 years :).. hehe, i don't actually know when we are planning on having one but it will be a while still!
libs

4:17 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I have a feeling that there will be another "baby boom" at the Grove in 2 years.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

okay, this is basically the same quote that i wrote a few months ago. i think it's constantly running through every late-20's married woman's head.

no answers, though. maybe another possible sign is when your loathing of birth control methods outweighs your belief that it's not time for a baby.

And when it all comes down to it, God will make you parents when He's ready to make you parents. :)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home