Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My "Willy Wonka" House...

My friend Sarah thought it would be a good idea for me to blog about my experience in the "Willy Wonka" house I lived in while at NSU. So, for your reading enjoyment:

This was a basement apartment I shared with a girl named Beth. When you walked in the front, you realized that the ceiling was level with the top of the door. Yah...like right around 6'. Then, as you proceded in, you walked down hill, the ceiling became normal height, and the room got "taller". (or were you getting smaller??) It was so weird.

Right when you walked in the front door, there was a bedroom/office that jotted off to the right and a bathroom on the left. The door handle to the bathroom was at the height of my knee. NO LIE. I had to bend down to open the door to my bathroom. I always assumed that it was because of the short comings of the ceiling, but still...weird.

The bedroom/office on the right was about 7 x 7. TINY! Somehow, Beth managed to put her bunk beds in there and had ABSOLUTELY no room left. So, she used the top bunk as storage. My bedroom was at the very end of the apartment and had no windows. It was like a cave in there. (hence the reason I made my friend Sarah stay in the bat cave at another apartment a year later...I had already served my time in the Willy Wonka one.)

Another great / HORRIBLE thing that happened in that apartment was the ATTACK OF THE FLEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day that Beth moved in to the apartment, somehow a cat got in. Well...Beth is one of the biggest suckers for pets that I've ever known. She let the cat in, she fed it and babied it for awhile. When I came home that day, I was like WHAT THE HECK IS A CAT DOING IN HERE?.... Shoo Shoo kitty. Bad kitty.

Anyway, Well...sweet little kitty witty had a massive amount of fleas that decided to nest in our couch and all over our carpet. We had to deal with these for like 4 months...and the worst part was...WE GAVE FLEAS TO OUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friends were all attacked from the fleas because of me. Yah...we were like the laughing stock of the entire campus.

Luckily, I was only there for 6 months. But that was 6 months WAY WAY too long!

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah j. said...

you didn't mention anything about the quirky food issues of your roommate....I mean, THAT stuff is legendary...

as one you gave fleas too, your weird willy wonka house inhaled violently! :(

....and I thought I got the bat cave because YOUR Niece peed in the closet of the other one... ;)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Hee hee...oh yah. I forgot about Mallori peeing in the closet. Oh...gotta love college memories.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home