Well I’ll turn 30 next week…(January 31st to be exact) but it doesn’t mean I have to LIKE IT!
I wish I was still about 25. That’s when EVERYTHING started to change.
Here’s a list of 25 things that have happened since I was 25…some good…some bad:
1. I lost my mother-in-law to cancer.
2. I got married: HOORAY!!!
3. We left Tulsa and moved to Fayetteville Arkansas.
4. Justin transferred to the U. of A.
5. I gained 50 pounds.
6. I lost 30: HOORAY!
7. I gained 10 back: BOO.
8. I can no longer “not” color my hair. The grays are very loud and proud.
9. I now sleep with a C-pap breathing machine for sleep apnea.
10. I now have high-blood pressure that I control with medication. (yuck)
11. We got a dog.
12. We gave a dog away.
13. We bought a house.
14. We wished we still rented…sometimes.
15. We’ve never organized our master bedroom since we’ve been married….NEVER.
16. I’ve worked at three different financial institutions.
17. Justin has worked at four different places.
18. Justin went to Turkey and Ukraine.
19. We both went to Tibet
20. Thirteen friends have moved away from Fayetteville to far off places.
21. Probably over 20 babies have been born at our church.
22. My best friend got married.
23. Way too many friends got divorced.
24. I bid my gall bladder and a smooth / wrinkle free face farewell.
25. We started leading a community group for our church.
Ok, there’s 25 things that have happened since I was 25. I’m sure I’m forgetting some doozies, but those are the ones that have come to my head.
So, I’ll be 30 next week. This is REALLY a new era for me and some close friends. I can already foresee lots of things happening:
Here’s what I can think of off the top of my head:
1. One of my best friends is expecting a baby.
2. Justin and I hope to start a family.
3. We hope to be overseas serving full time by 2009.
4. Two close friends are getting hitched!!! YAY!!!
5. Our church (God willing it all works out) will finally be moving into a permanent home in the next couple of months.
6. I still have all four of my grandparents, although, they are ALL ill and unfortunately, probably not going to be with us much longer. But, what 30 year old (baby of the family I might add) can say that they have ALL four of their grandparents?
7. I hope to quit working sometime this year or early next. Again…God willing with the whole “starting a family” thing.
8. …and so much more that I don’t even know about.
I’m excited about this new phase of my life, but also a little scared.
I don’t like turning 30…but, well…WHATEVER!