Wednesday, November 29, 2006

haw,Haw, HAW...CHOO!!!!

Seriously…what is up with my sneezing and SEVERE sore throat? This one is a doozy.

I’ve gone to the doctor and he’s put me on antibiotics (started today), so hopefully I will be healed up soon. But…Its been lagging and nagging since Friday. I’m really ready for the soreness of it to be GONE ASAP!

So, any suggestions for a real quick heal? I’m supposed to sing at church Sunday, and I really don’t want to miss out.

I have a degree in vocal music performance, and I’ve always learned (and told my students)
to drink TONS of luke warm water. Not too hot…and definitely not too cold. But, it doesn’t
seem to working quick enough this time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Okay, I know this sounds crazy...and I have no idea if you drink...but it sounds like you need bourbon. Yes, bourbon.

You could drink it straight, but I wouldn't. Blech. So you need a hot toddy. Here's what you do...

Boil about 5 cut up (into disks) lemons in a big pot of water. Let it slow boil for at the least a half an hour...up to 45 minutes...don't let it get that burning smell.

In a coffe mug add a shot of bourbon (ONLY USE: Woodford Reserve (from my hometown!) or Maker's Mark...because anything "cheap" will taste AWFUL! Believe me!). Add the lemon water. And finally add honey to taste...you'll know when you have enough...it won't taste gross when you have the right amount of honey.

I swear to you this works in amazing ways! It has good throaty things like lemon and honey and the bourbon (I swear!) burns the ickines right off your throat!

Sip slowly through the evening...and drink more as neeed. And also drink lots of water!

I hope this helps and that you feel LOTS better!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Got no ideas, but sorry about you catching the yuckiness. I've had it on and off for a few weeks, and Bill has had it non-stop for 2 weeks. :(

I hope that you are better by Sunday!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Good Luck Singing Tomorrow!! Hope you're feeling better!!!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home