Monday, September 25, 2006

...AND SCENE!

This shall be a slur of numerous thoughts…so grin and bare it with me:

1. This past Sunday (yesterday) was the second half of the series “The Body” at my church. I thought that the preacher did an AWESOME job of pointing out different ministries within the body of our church and spurring on others to become ministry minded. Yippee…I’m excited to see what God will do. Come on people…lets hop to it.

2. I’m reading a couple of books right now. That’s right…I said it…I’m reading a couple of books. This is a rare occasion…so take notes.

Book A. “The Ragamuffin Gospel” by Brennan Manning. Unfortunately, I’m loosing interest quickly. I don’t know if I’ll be finishing that one. Maybe so…I don’t know.

Anyway...

Book B. “The Marriage Builder” by Larry Crabb. BRAVO!!! Finally a “how to” book on marriage that is REALISTIC and not flowered with the “generic love scriptures” that you hear over and over again, nor is it filled with poetic verse on wonderful sex. This book gets down to the nitty gritty of the crappy part and day to day choices and struggles of marriage. The introduction alone FLOORED me. I kept finding myself saying “YES…YES YES! I totally get it!...and totally agree!” Hooray Hooraw for this book.

And Finally…THE BEST ONE…

Book C called “Do You Think I’m Beautiful” by Angela Thomas. OH….MY…GOSH! Have you ever read just one chapter of a book and become so mesmerized by it and TOTALLY into it that you end up face down on the floor weeping? Well…that was me last night. I had some MAJOR “come to Jesus” moments last night…all alone in my house. It was simply perfect. This book is for women that have felt or still feel ugly, un-appreciated, un-loved, un-noticed, or anything else that makes us as females feel shitty. I read “Wild at Heart” by John Eldridge and remember thinking “why is it that a GUY totally “gets it” but women don’t? We need a chick book version of ‘Wild at Heart’”. Well…THIS IS IT. I know that there is that book “Captivating” which is supposed to be the counter part of “Wild at Heart”…but I haven’t read that book…I’m reading THIS one…so, that’s all I can say about that. Anyway…IF YOU HAVE BOOBIES…READ THIS BOOK!!

3. This weekend was Amy Hansons wedding to Eli Roberts. BEAUTIFUL!!! Loved it! Amy was (of course) gorgeous and Eli was SO sweet when he played and sang “If” on the guitar. Whoa…the tears…they were a flowin’. And, as usual with Amy, a dance party DID happen. My hubby is one funny guy on the dance floor. Neither of us have been blessed with “mad dance skills”…but, we LOVE to have fun. And we did…oh yes…we did.

Aheet…I’m out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home