Monday, September 18, 2006

DID YOU GIVE UP CABLE FOR JESUS????

DID YOU GIVE UP CABLE FOR JESUS?...hmmm...

This was the question posed to me today. I was moaning and groaning about how we don’t have cable (the good cable) anymore. Sure…we have the “basic package”, which consists of 3 shopping channels, 2 Christian channels, 2 PBS’s, 1 spanish channel, 2 CBS’s and 2 ABC’s….and we only have 25 channels total…so, yah…IT SUCKS.

But…

Did I give up cable for Jesus?

The person who asked me this question knows that someday, my hubby and me, are indeed planning on going into the mission field. He knows that we are on a strict strict strict budget to get out of debt. Once we are out of debt…we will have the freedom to do SO MUCH MORE with our money…

LIKE…MISSIONS.

So…YES…I could say that we gave up cable for Jesus. But…we haven’t given up SO much other stuff that we SHOULD give up to honor him.

LIKE…our tendencies to complain about not having cable, when there are SO many more people in the world, who don’t even have a TV or radio…let alone an Ipod or High Definition flat screen.

I’m selfish…yuck yuck yuck.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

hmmm... lemme guess... do I witness this person?

9:58 PM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

What kind of question is that? So if you were to give up bagels with cream cheese, would you be doing that for Jesus as well? Ugh...I could go on, but I'd better shut up.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

I'd better clarify...I'm not knocking you for the things you're doing, or the reasons behind them. I commend you for wanting to go into the mission field. Ministry of any kind is tough...I know. I just have a hard time when people ask questions like that because they really don't have a clue about why Christians do certain things. Even some Christians have no idea about being called of God to do something.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

But the thing is...we gave up cable so that we could do A LOT of things with the money. We weren't thinking...at the time..."wow, this money could be used for Missions or for the church...or for 'the cause' or something even MORE spectacular". We were thinking "hmmm...we really don't watch that much tv anyway...thats a waste of money".

...and the person that said that to me was TOTALLY joking with me. But...it made me start thinking about some stuff. You know what I mean?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

...and yes nicole...

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home