Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Knock Knock , Who's there?...ITS JESUS!!!!!!!

Ok, so…not to get all “Jack VanImpe” on you…but, does anyone else out there think that maybe…JUST MAYBE…we could be in the “tribulation” times?

I mean…I’ve never been one of these people that stand on the street corner and preach “THE END IS NEAR” or anything like that…and, really, if you look at history…there have been numerous times that we could have said “JESUS IS COMING TOMORROW”. Actually, the bible says no one will know the day or hour...but there WILL be signs. And, I know that there are MANY different interpretations on when our “rapture” (by the way…that word is not even in the bible) will happen. Some say it will happen before the tribulation time, some say it will happen mid-tribulation time, some say it will happen post-tribulation time, and some say…there wont be a “rapture” at all. That we will remain on this earth, but that God will “recreate” it into a “new earth”, basically like the Garden of Eden. Beautiful, and without Sin.

BUT….

With all that being said, I’m finding myself slightly intrigued by what is going on in the world:

1. Global Warming is at an all time high. If we continue on the path that we are on, we will be having 130 degree summers. Science is proving this day by day. If you haven’t seen “An Inconvenient Truth”…GO SEE IT! Its very informational. Could God be in the middle of destroying Earth, just to provide his new one?

2. The War in Iraq. Sure, I don’t know exactly where I “stand” on the whole “bring our troops home” thing, but, I DO think its interesting that nearly ALL of the muslim countries are starting to come up in arms.

3. This kid named “Adam” that was on 20/20 the other day. He’s not in America…he lives somewhere else, but he’s traveling all over the world. What’s the big deal about him???...Well, he is healing people and performing miracles and wonders left and right. See…he was “visited by a black bird” when he was a kid that told him “all the secrets of the universe and how to control it”. His parents have this on video showing him in a trance just staring at this bird for hours and hours. He’s now 19 years old. If this guy raises somebody from the dead (see the book of Revelation), I’m HEADED FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!

4. And of course…the latest. Israel and Lebanon. If the Lebanon troops blow up the “temple” in Israel…EVERYONE SHOULD START SHOUTING HALLELUJAH, JESUS IS COMING!!!! Because, isn’t one of the “final signs” the rebuilding of the temple?

So, I’m not exactly “freaked out”, because…no matter what…I’m trusting in my savior Jesus Christ. But WOW…it IS kind of cool to think about.


…so, what do YOU THINK????

5 Comments:

Blogger John Nelson said...

I'm thinking you're very mid- to post-trib.

I'm a pre-tribber myself...so these are the signs that the big JC is mounting up his stead and getting ready to stomp the grapes in the winepress!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Interesting that you write about this because I've been thinking about it constantly lately.

As a person with a child, I am praying very much that Jesus is leaning pre-trib. The thought of Anna going through any of the Revelations stuff scares the pants off of me. But when I read the book, I see a lot of mid-trib.

Actually, I had to stop watching the nightly news this past week because it was freaking me out so much. One anchor even said, "All eyes are on Israel right now." Um... that was a little eerie to hear. I don't neccesarily agree with what Israel is doing right now with Lebanon, but I feel much safer with our country supporting them than not. Of course, it is only a matter of time before the U.S. deserts them as well. In the end, the Bible says that everyone will be against them. I'm predicting that our country will abandon them in two years, after the Bush administration is gone. I keep waiting to see who is going step up to make the peace in the Middle East, because that is the person to be seriously wary of. I have never been a doomsday-sayer, but my Revelations-radar has definitely been perking up more and more in the last five years or so.

I know that God knows what He is doing. But it certainly makes me want to straighten up and fly right.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
I have to say that I am hearing this more and more from various people- ranging from most of my agnostic/athiest friends to family members of mine. Of course, I know there is nothing that I can do about it but accept that whatever happens during my lifetime is God's will; however, it is certainly of concern to me.
My suggestion- stock up on food, water, and be ready for anything!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- If you can find me a link to the story on 20/20 I'd like to check it out. I've been to the website, but can't find it...

11:34 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm with you, Shelli. I think that all the stuff happening is interesting and a bit scary, but the fact is that I have no power to get Jesus here any faster or slower than He intends to arrive.

But I'm also with Ellen--I'd definitely rather be singing praise to Him than picking my nose when He comes.

And in the meantime, what can I be doing to make this earth a little more like His Kingdom?

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home