Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ACTS 2 CHURCH...HMMM....

I’m still thinking about this past Sundays sermon at my church. The sermon was on “The Body” and how to mold ourselves into and be lead by the model church found in Acts Chapter 2.

I think that we are far from being "close" or "on our way" to an Acts 2 church. Like our pastor said (and this is a horrible paraphrase) "if you think that you are doing good and are a great Christian...YOU'RE WRONG!!" This attitude also needs to be applied to our church body. I think that there is SO MUCH MORE that our church could be doing...but, unfortunately...the lay people are getting so exhausted.

We really need a revival in our church. We need a HUGE breath of fresh air (fresh faces, feet and hands) to step up and take a leadership role. So many are serving...yet, they are the same "many" that have been serving for SO LONG.

I think that the majority of our church body think that we are just existing and that these "jobs" that people do on Sundays, are paid and not a true service to the church. I try not to get angry about this...but, its really starting to bug me. Especially when I have a wonderful husband on staff that works his BUTT off every and Wednesday (when they rehearse).

Let me give a quick shout out to our WONDERFUL leaders:
Brett, Kent, Aaron, Jason, Justin, Dave, Elise, Bronson and Matt. YOU GUYS and GAL ROCK!!!!!!!

Ok…back to the spur…

As far as community service goes...there is one thing I would like to say in our churches defense...I think that we present a MUCH more "safe" and "welcoming" atmosphere to the lost and lonely. True...I think we could do MUCH MUCH more...but, compared to some stagnant churches, we are leading in this area.

“…am I buggin' you...I don't mean to bug ya! Ok Edge...play the blues!”
–BONO U2: Rattle and Hum, Live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home