Tuesday, February 28, 2006

DUH!...its by "The Beatles"...

One of my favorite (and quite hysterical) “inside jokes” between Justin and I, is the story behind the song “Dear Prudence” by the Beatles.

About 3 years ago we were at a cool little night spot in Tulsa hearing a pretty cool/mediocre band play some covers. Well…they started “Dear Prudence”. I know this song because I’m a Beatles fan…Justin?...not so much. He respects them and all…but not a CD owner like myself.

…ANYWAY…

The lyrics to the chorus are “…the sun is out, the sky is blue, its beautiful and so are you…dear Prudence.” So, I was singing along, and after a bit into the song, I notice Justin singing along as well. AH…MI AMORE!!!

After the show, Justin and I are driving around town, and he says “I really liked that song they sang called ‘Deep Roots’…I’ve never heard it before.” At this point, I was trying to jog my memory of a song called “Deep Roots”, but was coming up blank. So…I asked him to sing it…

Uh hum…

“The sun is out, the sky is blue, its beautiful and so are you…DEEP ROOTS.”

Deep Roots?...Deep Roots???...where in the world did he get deep roots??

So, trying not to laugh TOO hard at him, I said “its not Deep Roots you dork…its “Dear Prudence”…and I think its from the Beatles”. We went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth about this for DAYS!!!!!!!!! He just would NOT admit that I was right.

So…what do you do when you need to know the name of a Beatles song?...you ask your extreme hippy and patchuli smelling friend Matt. And what did Matt say?...thats right!!!... “Dear Prudence”.

Oh, I love that story. Every once in awhile, we’ll sing “deep roots” just for a good laugh.

I love you SO much Justin. Thank you for being YOU! I love you!

3 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

i've misunderstood lyrics for most of my life. it hasn't been an issue in years, but ooh boy did i struggle for awhile ;)

i used to think the chevy(?) commercial sang "I Grow Up" . . . it is actually, "Like A Rock". ha!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I am a huge music fan...and I know lyrics very well...which is why I love, and think it is SUPER cute when my husband, the non-music man, sings a song and misses nearly every word! So endearing! I'm glad he's not like me.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

you should go to www.kissthisguy.com. it's an entire site dedicated to those little musical errors. :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home