Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey legs, Broken legs, and "No thanks, I'm not interested"??...

Turkey legs...

Well, I've successfully cooked and delivered my first Thanksgiving meal...ALL BY MYSELF!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! I did it, I was so happy! We had Turkey, dressing (some of it inside the bird), green bean casserole, brocolli cheese casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, cranberry jelly (yuck) and gravy. The turkey had me SO nervous, but it pulled through and was great. The white meat (I though) was a little dry, but Justin said not too worry, it was good. Overall, fun was had by all. We were blessed with family visiting and our friend Lafe coming over for the meal...and as always the "Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade" was FABULOUS! (...but, if they wouldn't have said "And flying high down 42nd street is HUMPTY DUMPTY" I would have been like "what the heck is that gigantic oval thing???)

...on to broken legs...

Oh, my sweet dog"Indi". She broke her leg playing outside with Justin. NO...Justin didn't break her leg...we're not exactly sure what happened. All I know, is my puppy has the worlds largest cast/splint on her back leg right now and she's zonked out all the time. Its sad (but really kind of funny). If you know Indi, you know how hyper she is ALL the time. Well, right now is the time to come over and just love on her, 'cause she aint movin'.

...Ok..."No thanks, I'm not interested"...

Is the blogging world taboo? Ok...its the Friday after Thanksgiving and we're all bored to tears at work...so, my co-worker (whom shall remain nameless) asked me what I was doing. I said, oh, just reading some blogs. He asked what a blog was, and I explained. Then, I said, would you like to go to my blog spot and check it out? Instead of a simple, kind, courteous "oh, sure, just send me the link"...he said "No thanks, I'm not interested". UM HELLO?? I'm not selling you something, I'm not promoting on-line gambling, you don't have to "sign up" or anything...geez. Instead, he said "No thanks, I'm not interested. I'm just going to go to ebay and see whats for sale". So, I can't pull the "oh, he just doesn't want to be on-line while at work" assumption ....grr....I'm confused. Are we, the blogging world, full of nerds that no one is interested in? Oh...so sad.

Oh well, anyway, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We did!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

AK! I hear you about the blogging taboo thing! While I was on strike a while back, I started a strike blog - just my thoughts and stories of what was gonig on... you know, regular blog stuff! When I tried to tell teachers from my school about it on the picket line, I got hte same "I'm not interested" reaction. I even get that reaction from people about my regular blog. For heaven's sake!! Yeah, I'm not selling anything, it's jsut somehting that I put time and effort into, a little piece of "me," and I jsut want to share. Sheesh!

Hope your puppy dog gets better soon!

7:36 PM  
Blogger that girl said...

i thought i got into blogging really late, but i'm amazed at how many people still say, "what's a blog?"

i just say something like, "oh, just like an on-line diary kind of thing, but it's public."

i don't offer to let them see it if they don't even know what it is...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

We got the same response from my sister-in-law this past weekend. She was like, "oh, if that's what it is, I've been doing it for YEARS." Hmmm...if so, wouldn't I have known about that before now?

The dangerous part is that my mother-in-law got a computer this past week, and now has my blog saved in her Favorites...I'm afraid of some of the comments I might receive. I'm convinced there are some people that shouldn't read your blog.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home